Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Pay

@Rikkumz wrote:

I used my moms phone with it.  Pretty painless.

if you can find palces that use it , its an pretty nice feature. an lot of places don't even have it turned on :-( 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 31 of 34
abhowmick18
Valued Member

I've had the iPhone 6 Plus since it came out (preordered and delivered on release date)

Soon as ApplePay was released with the iOS update, I decided to give it a try. I've been using it almost anywhere that accepts it. I linked only my Citi Thank you card and things are so much easier to use Apple pay. The trick is to not tell anyone and just use it. Most retaillers/employees aren't fully trained on using it or get confused when you tell them you want to use it.

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work at the Disney Store and have had several people pay with it. It's very easy and simple, but for some reason we still have to see an ID to do the transaction. I have yet to us it since it I am waiting for my Discover card to come in (boo, it doesn't work with Apple Pay!) and don't want to spend money using my debit card.

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's been a couple of months since Apple Pay came out. I used to be way more optimistic but now I'm thinking that NFC isn't going to take off as widely as people have hoped.

1. The US is adopting chip and signature, not chip and PIN. Well, effectively we don't even check signatures here so it's just like people didn't sign at all. My bet is on people not finding that annoying enough (whether it's because of it taking a bit longer than swiping or because it's a whole different set of motions) to start using NFC instead.
  2. Physical NFC credit cards are still way faster to use than phone-based NFC. Unfortunately, very few issuers have such cards, and it's not by default. There's a very good reason for that, unfortunately: the last time we tried NFC on physical cards they got such a (possibly undeserved) bad reputation that they were scrapped.
  3. There's not enough NFC enabled mass transit yet. The only city I know of in the US that lets you use Apple Pay to board a bus or train is Chicago.

The good news is that Apple Pay will probably be adopted widely enough that merchants aren't just going to buy the cheap non-NFC credit card terminals to save money. So there'll be wide merchant acceptance, at least.

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.