cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a consolidation loan from NFCU!!

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Approved for a consolidation loan from NFCU!!

Waiting on the documents to arrive and then return them. Not sure on the rates yet but it'll be less than the interest on our cards. Plus our UTI will go way down (currently 16% for hubby, 20% for me) so that should increase our scores to close to 700.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for a consolidation loan from NFCU!!

Hello! Congrats on your approval! I have been thinking of getting one but I have only had a banking relationship with them since June. Did you have to build a history with them first?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Treat Navy well and they will show you more love in the future!

Message 3 of 16
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

@ghgirll122 No, as a matter of fact we joined yesterday.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and welcome to the NFCU family rmduhon!!

Smiley Happy

Chapter 7: Discharged November 2015
11/15 Fico 8: EQ-585, TU-550, EX- 551
07/16 Fico 8: EQ-703, TU-695, EX- 660
09/16 Post App Spree Fico 8: EQ-675, TU-675, EX-663
Cap One Platinum $2K>$4K, Cap One Quicksilver $3K, Discover $1,600, SPGVisa $4500, Red Roof Inn Siggy Visa $5K, Good Sam/Camping World Visa $1800, Overstock $7K, Lowe's $6K, NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $4600, NFCU CLOC $15K, PenFed Promise Visa $10,500, Evine $1K, CreditOne Visa $600|Total CL: $153K
Garden until September 2018 (I'll be in the pumpkin patch)!

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Waiting on the documents to arrive and then return them. Not sure on the rates yet but it'll be less than the interest on our cards. Plus our UTI will go way down (currently 16% for hubby, 20% for me) so that should increase our scores to close to 700.

Do you mind sharing how much they approved you for? 

Was it an instant approval?

How many HP's did you get?

Do you have any other NFCU products?

Are they paying your creditors or are they giving you the funds?

What were your FICO scores on approval?

Message 6 of 16
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

We were approved for 15,000. It's technically a personal loan that we using to consolidate so they are sending us the check. It went under review when we applied yesterday, approved today. Looking at our creditwise alerts it was just a TU HP each (updated CK and no EQ pull showed for it). We were also approved for a GoRewards card (2500 SL) yesterday, instant approval, EQ and TU HP. TU is 697 (me) and 698 (him) via Walmart. My EQ is 647, his should be about the same.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
We were approved for 15,000. It's technically a personal loan that we using to consolidate so they are sending us the check. It went under review when we applied yesterday, approved today. Looking at our creditwise alerts it was just a TU HP each (updated CK and no EQ pull showed for it). We were also approved for a GoRewards card (2500 SL) yesterday, instant approval, EQ and TU HP. TU is 697 (me) and 698 (him) via Walmart. My EQ is 647, his should be about the same.

Congratulations! Thank you very much for the information. 

It would be interesting to see what they are charging you for interest? You can call and ask them.

Eventually I would like to get a personal loan to payoff my SoFi loan. I'm at 11.49% with them. I am at only 2% UTI across my revolving accounts.

I took out a SoFi loan and invested it. Didn't use it to consolidate debt because I didn't have any and don't now. Let us know your rate!

Message 8 of 16
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Hopefully it's fairly low but the highest is 18% which is lower than most of our cards except Discover (still in the 0% period, I think 18 after that).
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.