Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banking account signature card snafu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banking account signature card snafu

Hey everyone, I was going through my banking records, and I realized that my Signature Card document for one bank account has the wrong dob for me listed on there, it has the month and year correct, but the day is wrong, what should I do about this? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Banking account signature card snafu

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone, I was going through my banking records, and I realized that my Signature Card document for one bank account has the wrong dob for me listed on there, it has the month and year correct, but the day is wrong, what should I do about this? 

Might as well get it straightened out by contacting the lender; only time it's come up for me with DOB for anything is identification purposes.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I would say that is important.  Overstock did send me a card without the last letter in my last name.  When I called, they didn't seem to care too much.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revelate wrote: Might as well get it straightened out by contacting the lender; only time it's come up for me with DOB for anything is identification purposes.

Yeah I was thinking of contacting the bank again to try and correct the very small error, but the CSR's on the phone act as if they don't want to help too much in regards to the dob issue, all they say is go into the branch and that is about it. I just had back surgery and that is not a reality for me at the moment. This secondary account (with the dob issue) has only been open for about a year, so I think I will just call in and close the account with the bank, and I won't have to worry about it again. I have a primary account at the bank and it has all of the correct information linked to it as well.

BTW, once you close a bank account, what does the bank do with the signature card for the account, do they discard it after a period of time?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.