Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays and DCU savings move to Chase?

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Barclays and DCU savings move to Chase?

I don't know if this goes here or not. It's only loosely related to credit cards I suppose. 

I have a Barclays Online Savings account with about a thousand dollars in it. After Barclays reduced the limit on my Apple Visa I paid it off and find myself wanting to get away from them entirely. I also have a DCU savings with a couple hundred in it as well.

I have a Chase Freedom Unlimited that I PC'd from a Slate a few days ago. Since then they have been trying to get me to open a checking/savings via the "Your Offers" link. I like Chase so I had thought of transferring my Barclays and DCU funds to a new Chase checking/savings account and closing the others after the move.  I am also hoping it will help me in the future as far as offerings and CLI's from Chase.

I looked at my CR's and don't see a HP from Barclays or DCU for opening my savigns with them. My question is will it be a HP to open with Chase since I am doing it through their site?

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Barclays and DCU savings move to Chase?

It's been ages since I opened up my checking and savings with Chase, but I think they use Chexsystems for opening deposit accounts.
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 2 of 3
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays and DCU savings move to Chase?

@irunfromcredit wrote:
It's been ages since I opened up my checking and savings with Chase, but I think they use Chexsystems for opening deposit accounts.

I called and you are correct, no HP. They use Chexsystem still. So I logged into my Chase account and the $500 offer is gone. lol. I sent a SM to see if there will be a new one soon. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.