cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Egg Loans?

tag
HC1122

Re: Best Egg Loans?

It was a soft pull and I got my money on the Tuesday following the Friday approval. First payment is due on June 28th.

Hope this helps!
644-EQ; 638-TU and 670 -EX. 10/2014 GOAL 750's
Chase Slate - AU $30,000 (09/2012); Cap1 MC - $3,300 (03/2011)
Cap 1 MC - $3,800 (11/2011); Walmart - $700 (3/2014)
Lowes - $300 (3/2014); JCPenny - $900 (10/2014)
Overstock.com $3,800 (10/2014); Sportsman Visa $2,000 (11/2014)
Express $350 (11/2014)
Message 11 of 47
rampman10
Valued Member

Thanks for the update.  Sorry to ask another question but do you know if the soft pull was Experian?  Thanks.

Message 12 of 47
d170
Regular Contributor

Sent you a pm rampman10

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 13 of 47
rampman10
Valued Member

Best Egg does a hard pull!  They use Experian and it is a hard pull.  Their customer service will tell you it is not but it is.  They use Experian and it is a hard pull.  I do not know why people in this thread say it is a soft pull.  If you are posting here you should know the difference.

Best Egg does a hard pull and they use Experian.  I am going to try to have it removed.  I called twice and was told both times it is a soft pull.  It is not a soft pull.

Message 14 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@rampman10 wrote:

Best Egg does a hard pull!  They use Experian and it is a hard pull.  Their customer service will tell you it is not but it is.  They use Experian and it is a hard pull.  I do not know why people in this thread say it is a soft pull.  If you are posting here you should know the difference.

Best Egg does a hard pull and they use Experian.  I am going to try to have it removed.  I called twice and was told both times it is a soft pull.  It is not a soft pull.

If you applied for credit ALWAYS expect a hp. You have no valid reason to dispute an inquiry when you initiated the request no matter what a CSR tells you. 
Message 15 of 47
rampman10
Valued Member

False.  They are a licensed bank and have a fiduciary responsibility to provide accurate information. They do not state in the disclosure what kind of pull it will be.  Therefore, consumers can only rely on the information provided through contact with their employees.  I specifically told the representative I did not want to apply if it would be a hard pull, and was assured it was not a hard pull.  Had I been provided accurate information I would not have applied.  This exact thing happened with Chase.  They went back and listened to the recorded call and then sent me a letter and I had the hard pull taken off my credit report.  I probably have a copy of it somewhere, but I will just wait and share the one I get from Best Egg.

Message 16 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

While I am not an expert on fudiciary law, I still standby the statement to always expect a hp when applying for credit.  CSR 's may or may not know the difference between a hp vs sp. Yes, they should provide accurate information, yes you should follow up with their supervisor and hope for the best. 

It might have been clearer if the app was in writing, where they would clearly state that you are giving them permission to view your credit report. 

I am pasting a response from our resident expert RobertG re: unauthorized HP's:

'Application for credit with a new creditor is not the only way a party can make a legitimate inquiry for your credit report without your express permission.

Again, the entire purpose of the listing of the many permissible purposes under FCRA 604 is to permit the pull of consumer credit reports without having to first obtain express permission from the consumer.  Otherwise, business would creep to a halt.

Any buinsess transaction you intitiate for which they have a legitimate business to review your credit as part of that transaction provides permissible purpose, and does not require express consumer permission.  Likewise, debt collectors have permissible pupose as long as they have legitimate collection authority.

They can make those inquiries as so-called "hard" inquiries. 

The only statutory requirement that an inquiry cannot appear in a consumer report made available to others (i.e., a "hard" inquiry) pertains to so-called promotional inqiiries for a lsitng of your name and address.

The CRAs have their own administrative rules that require certain types of inquiries to be coded as soft, such as internal account reviews by an existing creditor.'

Message 17 of 47
rampman10
Valued Member

I am not a lawyer and not qualified to interpret what you posted.  I understand you want to be right on this and think I am wrong or this is my fault.  I continue to disagree with you.  If I do business with any company, and their representatives provide me with incorrect information, especially on a recorded line, I expect them to make it right.  All it takes is a letter I can forward to the bureaus.  Which brings me to the second reason which is I have been through this exact thing before and I got a letter from Chase and it was removed from my credit report.  I don't know what all of the legal stuff you posted means, but I do know that full and accurate disclosure must be made, and this was not done in my case and it is recorded on a phone call.

I expect any business, bank, merchant or otherwise, to stand by the information they provide.  If Best Egg won't do this then I will let everyone here know and follow up with the BBB and CFPB.  They have a record of the phone call.  They can tell what happened.  A letter is the easiest way out for them.

Message 18 of 47
rampman10
Valued Member

I am not trying to be argumentative.  I know there are different opinions out there.  I would not be disputing this had I not specifically asked their CSR's multiple times and been given incorrect information multiple times.  Banks have an obligation to provide accurate information.  I do not agree that poor training on the banks part, should result in a consumer being penalized.  They have a responsibility to provide accurate information and they failed to do it.

Message 19 of 47
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@rampman10 wrote:

I am not a lawyer and not qualified to interpret what you posted.  I understand you want to be right on this and think I am wrong or this is my fault.  I continue to disagree with you.  If I do business with any company, and their representatives provide me with incorrect information, especially on a recorded line, I expect them to make it right.  All it takes is a letter I can forward to the bureaus.  Which brings me to the second reason which is I have been through this exact thing before and I got a letter from Chase and it was removed from my credit report.  I don't know what all of the legal stuff you posted means, but I do know that full and accurate disclosure must be made, and this was not done in my case and it is recorded on a phone call.

I expect any business, bank, merchant or otherwise, to stand by the information they provide.  If Best Egg won't do this then I will let everyone here know and follow up with the BBB and CFPB.  They have a record of the phone call.  They can tell what happened.  A letter is the easiest way out for them.

Nope, not stating that you are wrong or I am right.  Simply, I never trust anything that comes out of CSRs mouth because it goes against how I conduct business transactions- I get it in writing or review their app before proceeding. Yes, you can use the recorded phone call to prove you asked and they gave you the wrong information.  My point is simply, if you expect a hp (which is the way most credit transactions begin) then you won't be upset  when the CSR was mistaken.  The information I posted, was regarding permissible purpose when the consumer initiates the transaction.  The creditor does not require express consumer permission.  In other words, when you called and asked for a loan, you gave them permission to pull your credit.  They did not have to tell you they were pulling your credit. In your case, you asked how they would review your credit report and you were misled.  Hopefully, it can be reversed and just be aware that when you ask for a loan or app for credit card, an inquiry can be made and it is up to their discretion on how it is coded by CRA's 

Good luck. 

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.