Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better than APMEX?

tag
ptilda
Established Contributor

Better than APMEX?

I've picked up some little bits of "junk silver" here and there, but just put in my first order with APMEX because for a larger (almost $600.00, which is HUGE for me!) order, the shipping makes it a better deal. And APMEX is highly recommended. 

Still just bought junk, because I'm not yet up to rounds & bars yet. And only silver.

For someone like me who knows so little about this, and who doesn't have the desire or time to go scour flea markets & bid on ebay (and I am boycotting them becuase of a bad transaction they screwed me on years ago), is this the best route? Anyone have a better option?

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Re: Better than APMEX?

@ptilda wrote:

I've picked up some little bits of "junk silver" here and there, but just put in my first order with APMEX because for a larger (almost $600.00, which is HUGE for me!) order, the shipping makes it a better deal. And APMEX is highly recommended. 

Still just bought junk, because I'm not yet up to rounds & bars yet. And only silver.

For someone like me who knows so little about this, and who doesn't have the desire or time to go scour flea markets & bid on ebay (and I am boycotting them becuase of a bad transaction they screwed me on years ago), is this the best route? Anyone have a better option?

You are right, EBAY is not a great place to find deals. Occassionally you can pick some up at estate sales and garage sales -- occassionally you can run into someone who just doesn't know about value of the silver content and practically gives it away.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 2 of 4
ptilda
Established Contributor

does anyone get bank rolls and go through them anymore & have luck? My nephew has had some luck with that.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 3 of 4
Airforcekid
Established Member

I tried it and found only 1 1965 half dollar after months of trying finally I stuck to buying apmex bars and government coins eagles maples etc.

NFCU Cashrewards $3,500| Navcheck $7,500| Discover IT $500| AMEX $6000| CS:724
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.