Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Pay Spreadsheet

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Bill Pay Spreadsheet

In another thread, I posted a quick snapshot of a spreadsheet I developed for tracking my credit card and other montly payments.  I've since recieved a few PM's from people politely asking if I could share it with them, so I thought this is the best place to do it rather than individually.

A couple words on the spreadsheet... 

1)  I'm not an expert in Excel.  I know how to make it to what I want, but I'm sure there are many ways that it could be made "prettier."  Please don't harass me that it looks like something from 1995.  Smiley Happy

2)  Some things need to be done manually... Like changing the checking account info and payment tracking from one month to the next.

3)  This is something that works for me.  Your tastes in data organization may be different... Feel free to customize to your heart's content.  If you're an Excel whiz and have some good ideas, I'd love to hear and see them!

4)  Its meant to be a quick and dirty "at a glance" of my monthly budget and to let me know if I will have the funds in my account to make an additional payment to something 15 days from now.  That's why I only track my primary checking account, and not my savings and secondary accounts.

I hope that somebody finds this useful!  Again, if you make any cool changes or additions to make it prettier, I'd love to see them!

Quick & Dirty Spreadsheet

The above is a DropBox link to an .XLS file.  It containts no scripts or VBA code.

Enjoy!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bill Pay Spreadsheet

Very good! I thought of a similar system before, but never went through with it. Glad to see you found what works for you.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this! I 'only' have six accounts, pretty easy to manage. But using a spreadsheet will be helpsul.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalmuswrote:

In another thread, I posted a quick snapshot of a spreadsheet I developed for tracking my credit card and other montly payments.  I've since recieved a few PM's from people politely asking if I could share it with them, so I thought this is the best place to do it rather than individually.

A couple words on the spreadsheet... 

1)  I'm not an expert in Excel.  I know how to make it to what I want, but I'm sure there are many ways that it could be made "prettier."  Please don't harass me that it looks like something from 1995.  Smiley Happy

2)  Some things need to be done manually... Like changing the checking account info and payment tracking from one month to the next.

3)  This is something that works for me.  Your tastes in data organization may be different... Feel free to customize to your heart's content.  If you're an Excel whiz and have some good ideas, I'd love to hear and see them!

4)  Its meant to be a quick and dirty "at a glance" of my monthly budget and to let me know if I will have the funds in my account to make an additional payment to something 15 days from now.  That's why I only track my primary checking account, and not my savings and secondary accounts.

I hope that somebody finds this useful!  Again, if you make any cool changes or additions to make it prettier, I'd love to see them!

Quick & Dirty Spreadsheet

The above is a DropBox link to an .XLS file.  It containts no scripts or VBA code.

Enjoy!

Great resource. Thanks for sharing.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like your spreadsheet, BUT I would not post my sign in info on the same form. I keep mine seperate.

Message 5 of 6
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Yes, that's something I have since changed on mine as well!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.