Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgets

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Budgets

Lots. Have you read this yet? http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/post/the-new-ynab-is-here

The big ones for me are:
Direct import of transactions
Web based interface (no Dropbox)
Ability to move money in the mobile app
Goals!

And I really like how it handles credit cards. I wouldn't trust myself to PIF otherwise. You should check out the trial Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Lots. Have you read this yet? http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/post/the-new-ynab-is-here

The big ones for me are:
Direct import of transactions
Web based interface (no Dropbox)
Ability to move money in the mobile app
Goals!

And I really like how it handles credit cards. I wouldn't trust myself to PIF otherwise. You should check out the trial Smiley Happy

Thanks!

I was looking around their site and found their FAQ but didn't find that link, and somehow missed the blog when I'd originally gotten YNAB4.

        
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use mint.com which has bill reminders and budget reminders so the phone nags me if I am spending too much before I run out of money.  Right now my budget for march shows $28 over in gas but other than that I have been following it.  And the price of gas just went up, have to buy it.  Mint is easy, makes some budgets automatically and you can customize or make new ones.

Message 13 of 18
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I started using the T. Harv Eker method a few years ago, thought it was pretty good. Then I heard about Dave Ramsey and started toying around with his stuff. I think both are great, except the cutting up the credit card thing Dave says, lol. 

Personally I'm using the Dave Ramsey style of knowing where every penny is going and with anything extra I'm throwing it at my car to get it paid off quicker than I'll probably go back to the T. Harv Eker style again. Loved the idea of 10% of your earnings going to education. I was having a ball on Amazon and Audible, almost too much fun. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dave Ramsey's method works really well in YNAB. They're actually really similar ideologically.
Message 15 of 18
wa3more
Established Contributor

i've been using Quicken for years.

Quicken 2016 is great for budgeting and tracking spend against the budget

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I use mint.com which has bill reminders and budget reminders so the phone nags me if I am spending too much before I run out of money.  Right now my budget for march shows $28 over in gas but other than that I have been following it.  And the price of gas just went up, have to buy it.  Mint is easy, makes some budgets automatically and you can customize or make new ones.

+1 This is also what I just started using and so far so good other than having a little trouble linking an account or two.

I see a lot of other members recommending YNAB, what advantages do they offer?

Message 17 of 18
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I was a Quicken fan and it is a great tool for tracking money and maybe doing some balance forecasting. Personally I did not find it to be that helpful with budgeting and seemingly every week I was having problems with certain accounts being accessed on-line via Quicken.

For awhile I was running YNAB and Quicken side by side but have now deleted Quicken. If you do have a lot of investment accounts you are tracking, stay with Quicken.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.