Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CD Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CD Help

Haven't been on here in a while Smiley Surprised 

My question is, I have $50,000+ that I'd like to put in a CD for about two years. Any suggestions on what bank to use or any bank that you guys have used or are currently using for your own CDs?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CD Help

Certificate of Deposit rates are terrible these days.  You are probalby better off putting it in Amex Savings offer .90% APY or ING savings (Now owned by CAP 1).  Another thing you want to look into for higher yield is short term investment maybe peer to peer lending if you are a risk taker?  All up to you..

Message 2 of 4
barbaralee
Established Contributor

My 0.80 % savings accounts earns more than any of the CDs my bank offers. Sad. I think Barclay's has a savings account for 1.25%, or somewhere around there. You might also want to try a credit union. 

Message 3 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

My 0.80 % savings accounts earns more than any of the CDs my bank offers. Sad. I think Barclay's has a savings account for 1.25%, or somewhere around there. You might also want to try a credit union. 

For me i would probaby go hi yield savings route, i think cds are only worth getting if you have 5 year ladder in place if its something less than that hi yield savings is an lot better choice since they are an lot more liquid. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.