cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California credit union suggestions please.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

California credit union suggestions please.

Hello all, this is my first post, after lurking on the boards gathering info for ages Smiley Happy

I live in California, and am looking for a few good suggestions for credit unions. I am looking for one or two unsecured loans(do not want credit cards), and have already looked at the peer to peer lenders, but I would prefer a local credit union as I would also like to build a relationship with them for future products, as I will be in the market for a home and vehicle soon. 

Applied at Penfed and was instant approved for $25000 personal loan. 

Data points:

Exp 783 2 inquiries 2% revolving usage. No mortages, three paid off  auto loans. 10 total acocunts on report. No negatives ever. 

Transunion  779 1 inquiry 2% revolving usage. No mortages, three paid off  auto loans. 9 total acocunts on report. No negatives ever. 

Equifax 803 2 inquiries. 2% revolving usage. No mortages, three paid off  auto loans. 11 total acocunts on report. No negatives ever. 

I am looking for a generous credit union with good customer service, and instant or quick lending decisions, as my credit is excellent, and I'd like to get this done before I head to vacation end of next week.

Thanks to all for any input!

Demetri

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: California credit union suggestions please.

Welcome To The Forums

If they don't find your post i suggest you PM forum member CreditAddict who i believe is in California and they could offer you some very helpful and useful suggestions perhaps. Smiley Happy

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will do that

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I lived in San Diego for 26 years and loved Mission Federal Credit Union. They were generous, prompt & very very pleasant to work with. To the point where after I had 120+day lates & they closed my visa they still treated me well, never reported the lates and didn't report the trade line as c/o but as closed at my request. Wish I didn't burn them but I was young..

I do hear from my dad that they've gotten a little less competitive with their rates & products lately but might check them out all the same. If I still lived on your side of the country I'd had made the effort to get back in with them.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

nuvision

Kinecta

golden one

schools first

partners first

unify

these are the ones I have on my list...any opinions?

Thanks

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Golden1. I have checking and savings there. My branch has excellent customer service, but I've read about some branches that aren't so great so you might want to look up reviews. I don't have any loan products yet, but only because NFCU gave me an unbeatable auto rate.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

CU are like tattoos. Most people have zero or several. I suggest making sure your CUz they are all part of the same network. That way you can enjoy better terms with national service but able to do walk in banking with a branch up the street.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks any suggestion for cali?

Message 9 of 13
sjt
Senior Contributor

Where in California are you? Northern, southern, Central Valley.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.