Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get secu membership again?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Can I get secu membership again?

I previously got $50 for opening checking with them then I closed my checking but kept my savings and cc with them open. I want to know if I can re-apply for their bonus.

https://www.secumd.org/more/100.aspx

Of course if it works, I intend to close out my account so I can re-open it for the bonus again.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
4 REPLIES 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I get secu membership again?

I don't know about SECU in particular, but bonuses are usually 1 time deals.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

I previously got $50 for opening checking with them then I closed my checking but kept my savings and cc with them open. I want to know if I can re-apply for their bonus.

https://www.secumd.org/more/100.aspx

Of course if it works, I intend to close out my account so I can re-open it for the bonus again.

Not sure about SECU, but I'm working on my fourth new account bonus with Chase currently.

Should also be getting $225 from Santander in the next few weeks.

Can't wait to close these accounts. I have waaaay too many checking accounts right now.

Message 3 of 5
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I don't know anything about . . .  it looks like the State Employees of MD CU. but it is a lousy new account bonus:

Account opening bonus of $50.00 will be deposited into member’s checking account within 60 days after checking account opening. The $10.00 monthly bonus will be deposited into member’s checking account within 2 weeks after month end for every full month in which the account has 10 or more qualifying debit card transactions, for up to 5 months total following account opening. To qualify, a debit card transaction must be for at least $3.00. Transactions at ATMs do not qualify.

If you want a new bank account bonus, do a search for "bank account bonus" and you'll find sites with much better offers. I got $250 from Wells Fargo earlier this year for opening an account and just 10 debt card transactions - but no minimum, so I just loaded my Amazon account with .05 to.10 cents 10 times.

Message 4 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@rmduhon wrote:
I don't know about SECU in particular, but bonuses are usually 1 time deals.

My guess is its a one time thing and they track it to keep folks from gaming the system - considering you kept other accounts open with SECU you would NOT be considered a "new customer" IMO. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.