cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get the Chase account opening bonuses online?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Can you get the Chase account opening bonuses online?

A couple of years ago, I was denied by Chase when I attempted open a checking account with the $300 bonus coupon. I drove two hours to the closest branch, just to get told no. I never did find out what their problem with my EX report was, but they've given me multiple credit cards over the years. It made absolutely no sense. 

Chase has existed in my state for 10 years, but never locally. Now they're opening a couple of nearby branches, and I thought I might try to get the account opening bonus again. Unfortunately, it looks like the first branch isn't opening until October, while the $300 coupon I have expires on September 29th.

Can I put the unique coupon code into the application online, and get the bonus? I see a field specifically marked coupon code, but has anyone successfully received one of these bonuses online? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you get the Chase account opening bonuses online?

You can start the opening process online with the code but you still have to go in branch later
Message 2 of 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You can start the opening process online with the code but you still have to go in branch later

Thanks, 

I think what I'll do is open the account online on September 28th, then wait until the branch is open to finish it. I'm assuming I have 30 days to fund and finish the account opening? 

Message 3 of 4
creditfan
Established Contributor

i don't know if you do online is gonna work because it specify in branch only, but anyway I do have one expire on 10/31/17 I will send you the image with code if you're still looking for. let me know

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.