Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 360 Savings rate bumps up... a little

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 360 Savings rate bumps up... a little

Just noticed today that the Cap1 360 Savings rate bumped up from 0.75% to 1.00%. Interesting move, as I doubt this will encourage any new funds, rather it'll be an extra few cents a month for folks like me. If you have $10k (Which I can't imagine anyone does in Cap1 savings for obvious reasons), their MM is 1.30%...

Disco bumped their no-minimum savings to 1.30%, and Amex to 1.35%, making the latter the best from a bank I consider to have a good reputation (But still better than Synch anyways).

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 360 Savings rate bumps up... a little

Fed rate increase responding fast!

Thanks for reporting this, I haven't paid much attention to savings interest rates after the fed announcement.
Message 2 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just noticed today that the Cap1 360 Savings rate bumped up from 0.75% to 1.00%. Interesting move, as I doubt this will encourage any new funds, rather it'll be an extra few cents a month for folks like me. If you have $10k (Which I can't imagine anyone does in Cap1 savings for obvious reasons), their MM is 1.30%...

Disco bumped their no-minimum savings to 1.30%, and Amex to 1.35%, making the latter the best from a bank I consider to have a good reputation (But still better than Synch anyways).

I think all those options are fine options when you compare to brick and mortar options that are in the .01-.05% range that i find kind of insulting. All of them have fdic insurance so i find all the 1.3%+ options good enough for me.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 13
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can get 1.35% with Discover by using the AAII affliate link: 

https://aaii.discoverbank.com

I signed up via this link earlier this weekend, because (I'm proud to say) I managed to max out the 5% APR on the DCU savings account. This is the first time in my life I've had money set aside in savings that didn't have a specific purpose. 

I had Capital One 360, but they take their rates up and down too much to be competitive anymore. Closed out the checking, savings, and overdraft LOC this weekend. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.0% is non competitive in today's "high interest savings account" field.

I have Capital One 360 and I have made a recent thread on this forum about wanting to jump ship. Capital One 360 has been uncompetitive in the "high interest savings account" field for a long time now. Bumping up their rate to 1.0% still keeps them uncompetitive and unattractive.

Message 5 of 13
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

I got a 12 month CD at PenFed for 1.5% I thought was fairly decent. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in July I jumped the CrapOne360 ship of .75% and went with dollarsavingsdirect.com @ 1.40%.

A few weeks ago it's bumped to 1.50%.... even better. Transfers to/fro are fairly quick too.

Nice to see how much interest you get daily.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I signed up via this link earlier this weekend, because (I'm proud to say) I managed to max out the 5% APR on the DCU savings account. This is the first time in my life I've had money set aside in savings that didn't have a specific purpose. 

I had Capital One 360, but they take their rates up and down too much to be competitive anymore. Closed out the checking, savings, and overdraft LOC this weekend. 

Do you have any affiliation with AAII? Looks like just about everything is an extra 5 points.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goldman just bumped their rate from 1.3 to 1.4 last week. I currently have Synchrony (1.3), Cap one 360 MMA(1.3), GS bank (Marcus 1.4) and Ally (1.25) each servicing specific purposes, but the bulk of my liquid asset (not counting CDs and mega high yield savings with max caps) gets moved around between Syn, Cap and GS depending on who has the best rate at the moment.
Message 9 of 13
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have any affiliation with AAII? Looks like just about everything is an extra 5 points.

Nope, just saw the AAII link on Doctor of Credit's high yield savings account list when I was looking to jumpstart my savings. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.