Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Store Installment Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash Store Installment Loans

Are Cash Store installment loans a bad thing for credit?  I am trying to pay back all of my collections. The amount, I can recieve for an installment loan I would be able pay all my debts in full. Is this a bad idea? I don't think I could qualify for a personal loan to do this, however I know I could handle installment loan payments. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Cash Store Installment Loans

Only if the collections agree to delete from credit report. Very important. If they don't, it updates as paid, and does more damage. Get to work next week, get verbal, written agreement to pay for delete (PFD). They will want their money now, say you are waiting for your parents to help out, or something like that. If they only give verbal agreement, get time and date called, name of agent, ask to speak with supervisor to confirm, name of supervisor, then have date of payment handy.

I know this because I have paid for delete my collections. Otherwise, only get the loan amount for those that will delete. Be prepared to file disputes with credit bureaus including your documentation for any collections that don't delete. Also, file disputes with the BBB if they don't delete.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, should I not pay off a collection of they don't remove it. Me and my husband are planning to purchase a home at the end of this year. So that's why I am wanting to pay stuff off now thinking it might look better from a mortgage lenders point 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, should I not pay off a collection of they don't remove it. Me and my husband are planning to purchase a home at the end of this year. So that's why I am wanting to pay stuff off now thinking it might look better from a mortgage lenders point 

If a home at the end of the year is a goal I would get busy.  Some will be more cooperative than others and persistence is your friend. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.