Chase Checking Account Offer and Eligibility

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Checking Account Offer and Eligibility

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@itlm062 wrote:

we got the same offer in the mail...

however, we had a foreclosure wtih them back in 2009 and we bk'd the HELOC in 2011...think we still got a chance to earn this $300 ?

thanks.

Yes. Chase was a major creditor for a couple CCs in my 2010 BK7 and I did this new account bonus in 2015 with no problem. Just be sure to decline overdraft protection on the account, that's a credit product that authorizes them to hard pull your credit report.

I'd do this again but I work for the local county and I've already changed my payroll DD twice this year and that's the max. But then I've already done $650 in 3 new bank account bonuses this year so It's time to give it a rest anyway.

EDIT: And everyone should be aware that these new bank account bonuses are taxable income, the bank will send you a 1099-INT form at year end, reporting the bonus as interest income. New credit card bonsues are not taxable, since you have to spend a certain amount to get them the IRS considers them a discount on purchases.

I just checked the overdraft protection paperwork I have (I declined it anyway) as well as the deposit account agreement and do not see anything about a HP. Have you seen that in writing?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kberly69 wrote:

So after one ridiculous problem after another, I was finally able to get to a Chase branch. No problems whatsoever but it did take almost an hour, which I wasn't expecting. They ask A LOT of questions, and it was apparent many of them are designed for future marketing (other accounts you have- type, amount). Now all I need to do is set up my direct deposit, wait 6 months, and collect $300. Woo hoo! Plus I get a Chase debit card that I can pretend in my own head is a credit card while I wait out the years before they'll have me Smiley Wink

Another aside- they had 5 options for card designs, 4 of them Disney. Seemed strange that the choices were so steered toward one interest. Oh well!

Congrats on the account and bonus! I've not seen the $300 for total checking in my neck of the woods for quite some time. Did you pick one of the Disney designs? I did and at the time it was the first plastic card with my name on it, before I got my Disco. I only pull it out though when I'm in the branch to cash a check, etc.

Message 12 of 14
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, the last mailer I got about 6 months ago was either $150 or $200 (can't remember). I went with the plain one- not a big Disney fan- but my daughter heard me talking about it and was appalled I didn't go with a Disney option Smiley Happy

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 13 of 14
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@kberly69 wrote:
Yeah, the last mailer I got about 6 months ago was either $150 or $200 (can't remember). I went with the plain one- not a big Disney fan- but my daughter heard me talking about it and was appalled I didn't go with a Disney option Smiley Happy

The $300 +$200 coupon is available to everyone right now. You just have to give Chase your email address and they will email you a unique coupon code to use.

Link to coupon

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.