Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Checking Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Checking Bonus

Not a bad gig for a free $300.

So, does the $300 deal here require a $1500 deposit? or does it just require you openan account, set up at least a $500 monthly direct deposit, and possibly 5 or so qualifying transactions?  

Wait.  Don't answer that.  Let me read into this a bit more?

haha.  thanks.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

$25 to open the account.  Soft pull only.  Set up direct deposit within 60 days!!

That's it!!

Message 12 of 26
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Good because I don't know if I'm awake enough to remember the answer if I even found it. Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 26
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

$25 to open the account.  Soft pull only.  Set up direct deposit within 60 days!!

That's it!!

Yes, that's it; well be aware you have to keep the account open for 6 months, close early and they can take back the bonus. What's the new expiration date? I opened a total checking account in Jan., my DD finally hits next week - since you have to keep the account open for 6 months I moved a Soc. Sec. DD to it, and that takes awhile. SP as long as you decline overdraft protection, that's a credit product, besides being a lousy deal. They do pull EWS, so need to have a clean EWS.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

That's it!!

Yes, that's it; well be aware you have to keep the account open for 6 months, close early and they can take back the bonus. What's the new expiration date? I opened a total checking account in Jan., my DD finally hits next week - since you have to keep the account open for 6 months I moved a Soc. Sec. DD to it, and that takes awhile. SP as long as you decline overdraft protection, that's a credit product, besides being a lousy deal. They do pull EWS, so need to have a clean EWS.

Thanks for the information!

I believe the new expiration date is March 3, 2018!

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Requested my coupon code today for the $300 new checking account bonus for Total Checking!

Then, I went to the local Chase branch and opened a Total Checking account.  Banker then asked me if I was or had ever been military.  I said yes.  So, then he changed it to Premier Plus Checking for free which means I get some added benefits to include no minimum balance, first 4 ATM withdrawals free, free checks, etc.  AND, I still get my $300 bonus 10 days after they receive my first direct deposit of over $500 per month!!

Nice.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, after opening my new Premier Plus Checking account for the $300 new checking account bonus, I went home and logged into online banking to see what all of the hype was about with the green check marks.  For the past few months, I have been getting prequalification offers on Chase's prequal site.  When I go to my offers in online banking, not only do I see no green checkmarks, I no longer see prequal offers.  Bummer!!

Message 17 of 26
outofcredit
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Requested my coupon code today for the $300 new checking account bonus for Total Checking!

Then, I went to the local Chase branch and opened a Total Checking account.  Banker then asked me if I was or had ever been military.  I said yes.  So, then he changed it to Premier Plus Checking for free which means I get some added benefits to include no minimum balance, first 4 ATM withdrawals free, free checks, etc.  AND, I still get my $300 bonus 10 days after they receive my first direct deposit of over $500 per month!!

Nice.

Direct Deposit doesn't have to be $500 to get the bonus, just to keep the account fee free. Any Direct Deposit amount will trigger the bonus. I opened a Total Checking yesterday online as there was a new link on DoC yesterday allowing online applications. Instant approval and confirmation of the $300 bonus being linked, funded with my Wells Fargo Debit card. Bonus usually posts pretty quick once a direct deposit is received.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 18 of 26
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@outofcreditwrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Nice.

Direct Deposit doesn't have to be $500 to get the bonus, just to keep the account fee free. Any Direct Deposit amount will trigger the bonus. I opened a Total Checking yesterday online as there was a new link on DoC yesterday allowing online applications. Instant approval and confirmation of the $300 bonus being linked, funded with my Wells Fargo Debit card. Bonus usually posts pretty quick once a direct deposit is received.

How much of that $300 bonus do u actually receive?

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You receive the entire bonus.  But, you'll have to pay taxes on it at the end of the year!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.