Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Premium Plus Checking

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Premium Plus Checking

So, for months now I've been going to the Chase Prequal site to check for prequalified offers.  Usuall had 4 prequalified offers with solid interest rates, no ranges.  Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Slate, CSP.

I found a $300 new checking account offer, so I went over to the local Chase branch yesterday and opened an account.  So, now when I look for chase prequals, they are all gone.  No selected offers, no nothing.

Anyone else experience this?  Or, do they make you wait a while after opening a new checking account with them?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Premium Plus Checking

I used an offer in May for Chase Freedom Unlimited.  Instant approval.

Offers disappeared right after and data points said it would return in 6 months.

It's been 10 months, my FICO scores are almost 100 points higher, but no offers anymore, other than for a useless credit card terminal.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information ABCD.  I'm super bummed out about it!!  I was hoping to close on the house the end of March and then app for at least 2 chase cards!

We shall see!

Message 3 of 7
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

I opened a checking account with Chase for the SUB and at the time had a card with them for 3 years. I never paid attention to the offers tab but the only thing that shows now is the refer a friend offer. It's been 7 months now. Scores have improved a little since.

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 4 of 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I have scores in the 800s and two Chase credit cards, the Sapphire Reserve and the United Explorer.  The only "green check" offers I ever get from Chase are for mortgage loans or to earn points/miles by referring friends to my two credit cards.  In fairness, I do not live in a state in which Chase has brick and mortar branches, so many of their banking products (such as checking and savings accounts) are not available to me, but I would think that if they can offer me a mortgage, they could also offer me a good deal on a Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, or one of the Ink cards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 7
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in the prequalified offers on Chase's site. My wife and I are Chase Private Client customers with checking, savings, credit cards and investment accounts with JP Morgan and I rarely see prequalified offers. It doesn't mean you can't apply or won't be approved.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tim_Swrote:
Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in the prequalified offers on Chase's site. My wife and I are Chase Private Client customers with checking, savings, credit cards and investment accounts with JP Morgan and I rarely see prequalified offers. It doesn't mean you can't apply or won't be approved.

Thanks, Tim!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.