Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Private Client... What a Cruel Joke

tag
kristin93
Established Member

Chase Private Client... What a Cruel Joke

Yesterday I received an email invitation for the Chase Private Client Account with all of the perks that come along with it. I got SO excited that I thought I might be with the elitists sooner than I thought that I started scrolling the forums to scope out the best way to apply and manage my accounts. I eagerly searched only to find out that you need $250K with Chase to even have a fighting chance. To add insult to injury, this morning I logged into my account and the invitation was front and center on my accounts home page. 

I make 40K per year. I am still a college student. Smiley Sad I doubt that I could even apply for something like the CSP because my highest Chase credit line is 3k.

Like why even send the email...

Question for the community: anyone else that is totally not qualified that has gotten this offer lately? Or is there some type of shining hope for people like us?

MY WALLET: Discover - $2500 | Victoria's Secret Angel Forever - $6000 | Express Next A-List - $3400 | CareCredit - $12000 | Chase Freedom - $3500 | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $1500 | Amazon Store Card - $5000 | Target RedCard MasterCard - $3500 | Paypal Credit (BML) - $3500 | Barclaycard Arrival + World Elite - $6500 | American Express Everyday - $10000 | American Express Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL | Citi Diamond Preferred - $3530
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Private Client... What a Cruel Joke

@kristin93 wrote:

Yesterday I received an email invitation for the Chase Private Client Account with all of the perks that come along with it. I got SO excited that I thought I might be with the elitists sooner than I thought that I started scrolling the forums to scope out the best way to apply and manage my accounts. I eagerly searched only to find out that you need $250K with Chase to even have a fighting chance. To add insult to injury, this morning I logged into my account and the invitation was front and center on my accounts home page. 

I make 40K per year. I am still a college student. Smiley Sad I doubt that I could even apply for something like the CSP because my highest Chase credit line is 3k.

Question for the community: anyone else that is totally not qualified that has gotten this offer lately? Or is there some type of shining hope for people like us?

Everyone with a banking account got the invite.  Chase opened it up to everyone, even online.

Message 2 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

yes there was a big discussion about it in the credit card sub forum of this forum I believe yesterday.   They are just marketing it to people without pre-screening them first.  Pure marketing and yes it holds true basically 250k for private client and probably 100k to start out the process to even be considered. then have to meet 250k by x date or something along those lines

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

yes there was a big discussion about it in the credit card sub forum of this forum I believe yesterday.   They are just marketing it to people without pre-screening them first.  Pure marketing and yes it holds true basically 250k for private client and probably 100k to start out the process to even be considered. then have to meet 250k by x date or something along those lines

Almost cried as Chase did not send me an invite to the "Private Client" Club ... AW I don't bank with Chase so now I know. As to parking $250K at oh say 0.03% interest doesn't really do it for me either.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although I don't have $250K at Chase, I do have a decent amount with them so when I got the email I thought they lowered their standards. This forum proved that everyone got the email lol
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kristin93 wrote:

Everyone with a banking account got the invite.  Chase opened it up to everyone, even online.

Nope. Not everyone. I didn't get one. Lol no email or anything when I logged into my account. I guess I wasn't cool enough. That's alright though. I plan on closing one of my checking accounts with tthem and moving it over to NFCU once I get that opened. 

Message 6 of 9
iced
Valued Contributor

The only cruel joke being played is on the people who actually are Chase Private Client members. 

Unless I'm missing something major here, there's no benefit to being in CPC that isn't already offered elsewhere for much less of a threshold and a lot of ways to grow money as well or better than what Chase/JPM offers.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iced wrote:

The only cruel joke being played is on the people who actually are Chase Private Client members. 

Unless I'm missing something major here, there's no benefit to being in CPC that isn't already offered elsewhere for much less of a threshold and a lot of ways to grow money as well or better than what Chase/JPM offers.

I think it's nice and convenient for people who do alot of their other banking with Chase. One stop shop type of deal.. 

Message 8 of 9
tacpoly
Established Contributor

I think most folks with money wouldn't move money into Chase *just* to get Private Client status.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.