Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Private Client changed (again) ?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Chase Private Client changed (again) ?

Got a call today from a CPC banker suggesting that all of their clients were getting a specific banker... and in my case, this cat was now my buddy whom I could contact directly with whatever questions I have. 

It wasn't clear whether this was all Chase clients (which is some stupidly high number of Americans) or if it was specifically targeted either by prior discussions regarding CPC or by some data analytics on cash flow or previously stated assets or something (my financial life runs through Chase since 2011 so they absolutely know what's up).

Emailed contact information has CPC / Private Client Banker written all over it... and they did have an offer of dumping 100k into a savings account (which admittedly was one of the private client benchmarks circa 3ish years ago, though one was expected to get to 250k w/in a year at that point) for 90 days for the typical $100... but interestly also had a 50k bonus UR as a CSR holder.  

Not really that enthused for what amounts to a 4% APR over the time period given the market is still levitating, but this struck me as a non-trivial change and I'm curious if it has been extended to a bunch of others as well.

        
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Private Client changed (again) ?

I have to admit I don't know a whole lot about Chase Private Client, but isn't having an account directly with JP Morgan better? 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to admit I don't know a whole lot about Chase Private Client, but isn't having an account directly with JP Morgan better? 

You need $10 million in assets to have a direct account with JP Morgan.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure Revelate has that much in their account. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahaha.

If I had that much I wouldn't be on these forums just sayin!  Credit = pshaw in that scenario.

        
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahaha.

If I had that much I wouldn't be on these forums just sayin!  Credit = pshaw in that scenario.

I don't think credit necessarily gains importance as net worth climbs, but I believe it continues to hold the same value. Active property investment, margin loans from brokerages, small business financing, and cash flow smoothing, and intelligent income smoothing for tax purposes all require good credit. Cash back and travel rewards are great, but UHNWI still have great reasons to keep credit scores high.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.