Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystems Inquiries

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Chexsystems Inquiries

I was denied a capital one checking account due to chexsystems - Ordered my report- no negatives, but a lot of inquiries from companies I have never heard of.  Has anyone had any luck getting these removed?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chexsystems Inquiries

Seems odd they would deny you for just inquiries if you don't have any derogatory information. Did they specifically say they denied you due to Chex? If you don't recognize the companies you can try to dispute. There really shouldn't be many unless you have been opening bank accounts all over the place which is unlikely. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do these inquiries appear under Inquiries Initiated By Consumer Action or under Inquiries Not Initiated By Consumer Action? If it's the former and you haven't apped with any of them, file a dispute. If it's the latter, I don't think Cap One sees them.

Message 3 of 5
Officer737
Established Contributor

I actually applied at my wife's credit union and they said that Chexsystems suggested that the CU not open an account for me. Then they infomred me that they could not find my credit file on Equifax. I told the CSR at the counter that that was simply amazing since I was an AU on one of my wife's credit cards for almost 2 years and that it reports on MY credit report since it was opened........yet they could not find my file?

Message 4 of 5
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

They say intitiated by me and they all seem to trace back to something called Clarity???  There's like 30 or 40 of them!  Chex of course was no help.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.