Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chexsystems and 5 year mark

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chexsystems and 5 year mark

I have 3 items on my checxsystm report. 2 of them we're dated 12/28/2011 and 12/29/2011 (from the same bank 2 different accounts) and one dated 02/15/2012. When should these age off the report. Chexsystems makes it a PITA to pull reports athoc. I have a loan with a Credit union that I opened about 5 months ago and I would like to move my checking to them. (All i have is a savings with the CU) I want all the dings off my Chexsystsms report before i try to open a checking account with the CU (in case they pull another Chexsystems report). At the time all the CU would give me was a savings account.

Thanks

Joe

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Chexsystems and 5 year mark

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 3 items on my checxsystm report. 2 of them we're dated 12/28/2011 and 12/29/2011 (from the same bank 2 different accounts) and one dated 02/15/2012. When should these age off the report. Chexsystems makes it a PITA to pull reports athoc. I have a loan with a Credit union that I opened about 5 months ago and I would like to move my checking to them. (All i have is a savings with the CU) I want all the dings off my Chexsystsms report before i try to open a checking account with the CU (in case they pull another Chexsystems report). At the time all the CU would give me was a savings account.

Thanks

Joe

Welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

You should be in the clear on the oldest two items, and the last one should be coming off in a few weeks once it reaches the five year mark as well.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/5-steps-chexsystem-removal/

I know it can be cumbersome to get reports from Chex, but if it were me I would want to know for certain that the "coast is clear" before moving forward, especially since your CU turned you down for a checking account before.  If you check and one of the items is still sticking around you'll be able to get it corrected before making your application, possibly saving some time (and embarassment of another denial).

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was paycheck to paycheck 5 years ago. I believe I was one of the victims of PNC and regions bank on the Resequencing of debts to maximize EFT charges. I didn't want to call them and have a possibility of re ageing the debt.
Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was paycheck to paycheck 5 years ago. I believe I was one of the victims of PNC and regions bank on the Resequencing of debts to maximize EFT charges. I didn't want to call them and have a possibility of re ageing the debt.

Regions is prolific where I am, so I'm very familiar with what you describe.  Smiley Frustrated

There's really nothing to worry about with re-aging in your situation, but in any case reaching out to Chex for a report won't involve the original banks anyway.  The only time the original banks would be brought back into the 'mix' would be if you had to dispute something (which also wouldn't re-age anything).

I suspect that really soon you're going to have a clean chex report, and your CU checking account will be within reach.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What i men't I didn't want to call the banks directly with this close to being aged off the report 

Message 5 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

What i men't I didn't want to call the banks directly with this close to being aged off the report 

I understood... I was just agreeing that at this point there's no reason to call your old banks, anyway.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.