Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Sesame caused me a HP

tag
Dhani76
New Contributor

Credit Sesame caused me a HP

Have now deleted my account as I wasn't crazy about them anyway. I already have 2 outstanding loans so there would be no reason I would have applied for a Lending Club loan. Just received an email telling me my application was denied. Only possible way this happened was via Credit Sesame and their solicitations (MAYBE I inadvertently pressed the"apply" button somehow before x-ing out or while scrolling but no confirmation windows telling me that popped up). So now I am looking at another inquiry. Wonder what my chances are of writing and getting it deleted. Anyone ever experience this?
Starting Score: 621
Current Score: TU 685 EQ 687 EXP 699
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Sesame caused me a HP

umm.... pre-quals w/ LC or Prosper are SP's.  you have to go out of your way to actually apply and get a HP.

just dispute it on the corresponding CR and say you didn't apply.

Message 2 of 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1 on the dispute.

And You should make sure this isn't identity theft -- someone else applying for credit in your name.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 6
Dhani76
New Contributor

ok thank you Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: TU 685 EQ 687 EXP 699
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so that we're all on the same page.  You were actually alerted of a hard pull via your monitoring service, or are you just assuming you received a HP based on the denial email you received?  I too received the denial email without applying, but there was no hard pull.  I recently also signed up for Credit Sesame, though I didn't look for a pre-qual on their site at all.  Very disturbing whether it's a HP or not.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Sesame SP came up as a HP as TU interactive once. I called TU and said they knew about the problem and it was removed about a week later.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.