Re: Credit Unions

Is Alliant a HP or SP for savings? CC?

Message 21 of 29
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is Alliant a HP or SP for savings? CC?

I think they HP for checking and CC if i recall correctly don't quote me on that though because i am not 100% sure. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU for the Auto Loans.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone keep a banking account along with a credit union account?
Message 24 of 29
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My main checking account is with an CU , alliant to be precise. They give me .68% interest, its not an lot but its better than the 0% i was getting from brick and mortar banks. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 25 of 29
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase had been my primary bank my whole adult life.  I still use Chase  for direct deposits, bill pay etc..  I use my Consumer's Credit Union IL checking account as a savings account essentially, for the high APY.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a member of Alliant CU. Took out a great secured loan to beef up my paper thin profile on the advice of Jamie123 and Rev. Their savings account rocks at .80 apy while my BoA hovers around .03 on top of charging me if i don't meet requirements. The savings and secured loan were both SP which is why i did it. The checking i think would have been a HP.

I already went on my sprees and have all the cards I need, but I am considering applying for NFCU member ship, and declining any CC apps, I just don't need anymore and don't want to make my other generous CL's angry. I'm really more interested in investment products, they have a killer 12m. CD right now at 3.0 apy for up to 3k. 

Message 27 of 29
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a member of Alliant CU. Took out a great secured loan to beef up my paper thin profile on the advice of Jamie123 and Rev. Their savings account rocks at .80 apy while my BoA hovers around .03 on top of charging me if i don't meet requirements. The savings and secured loan were both SP which is why i did it. The checking i think would have been a HP.

I already went on my sprees and have all the cards I need, but I am considering applying for NFCU member ship, and declining any CC apps, I just don't need anymore and don't want to make my other generous CL's angry. I'm really more interested in investment products, they have a killer 12m. CD right now at 3.0 apy for up to 3k. 

Have you checked out Consumers Credit Union, IL?  Thier checking account offers up to 5.09% APY.  There are hoops to jump through, but IMO worth it to have both a higher APY and not have your money tied up in a CD.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's bananas. a checking account! 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.