Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card help

I have a trans score of 614 and equifax 627, I really want to get a credit card to start slowly paying off student loans. What card would work best for me with my scores ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit card help

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a trans score of 614 and equifax 627, I really want to get a credit card to start slowly paying off student loans. What card would work best for me with my scores ?

Welcome to the forums.

Without knowing the rest of your credit file, you might take a look at Capitol One.  They might give you a card with those scores.  But my question is how is running up a credit card 'paying off' your student loans?  All you will be doing is transferring one debt to another and one with most likely higher interest rates.

Message 2 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

I agree, I would totally look into Capital One for a credit card.  Although doing a balance transfer on student loans I would not suggest.  My student loans has the lowest interest rate possible.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't plan on transferring the whole balance , just about $100 at a time .
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No transfer at all actually , just a payment
Message 5 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Okay I understand, although do they allow credit card payments or are you looking at balance transfer checks with your credit card? 

I don't know because my loans are in deferement at the moment.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you need to clarify with us how exactly you intend to use the CC to help pay off your SL.  It sounds like you want to make payment to the SL using the credit card....which really serves no purpose.  Maybe I am missing something here?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.