Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report discovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit report discovery

After running a recent self-credit report I discovered a write-off/delinquent account that I never knew about. I think the situation is 15 years ago a family member opened an account and listed me as either an authorized user or a co-signer. I apologize for not being more specific because I frankly don't remember the details being so long ago. I don't remember ever signing anything for it. Fast-forward 13 yrs, apparently about 2 yrs ago this savings or checking account was overdrawn about $300 on overdraft protection and abandoned. Today I discovered this account on the report, being reported monthly as not paid for the past two years, without the bank ever contacting me. Is there any advice on how to proceed? My initial idea is to dispute the report through the credit reporting sites and contact the bank for any information on the account and why they believe I'm responsible. Would the experts here recommend a different strategy?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.