Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit unions with early direct deposit

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Credit unions with early direct deposit

Some credit unions have early direct deposit. If you use direct deposit, they make it available a day or two early, sometimes even sooner than that.

The ones I know that offer this feature are listed below.  If you know of others, let me know and I'll add them to this post. When doing so, be sure to specify what their membership eligibility requirements are, so I'll know how to classify them.

Open membership credit unions:

1. Langley FCU (2 days)

2. Hanscom FCU (2 days)

3. Andigo Credit Union (1 day)

4. DCU (2 days)

5. PenFed (1 day) (courtesy @ MaizeandBlue)

6. Unify FCU (1 day)

7. Andrews FCU (1 day) (courtesy @ Royalbacon)

8. Chartway FCU (1-2 days) 

9. Service CU (2 days)

10. Affinity FCU (cash back debit checking account) (2 days)

11. US Senate FCU (1-2 days) (courtesy @ Royalbacon)

12. Consumers CU (Illinois) (1 day)

Somewhat limited membership credit unions:

(I used to have Service CU under this category but as @Royalbacon reminded me, they are now open to all)

Very limited membership credit unions:

1. Abri (1 day) (courtesy @codefreak13)

2. University FCU, Mountain America, America First (all 1-day) (courtesy @Creditfan1234)

3. Golden 1 (1 day)(courtesy @Bella007)

4. FCCU (First Community Credit Union) (Houston) (2 days) (courtesy @Anonymous)

5. Baxter CU (2 days) (courtesy @Anonymous)

6. RBFCU (1 day) (courtesy @Jetboy) (2 day according to @OmarGB9 )

7. Knoxville TVA Employees CU (2-3 days) (courtesy @Anonymous)

8. Point Breeze CU (1 day), Sky One FCU (1-2 days), Union Square CU (2 days), GPO FCU (1 day) (courtesy Royalbacon)

9. South Florida Educational FCU (1 day) (courtesy @PutThatMoneyOnTheTable)

10. Wescom CU (2 days) (courtesy @Kforce )

Banks:

1. Chime Bank (2 day) (courtesy @creditfan)

2.  Woodforest National Bank (2 day) (courtesy @ GentMAB)

Other:

1. Fidelity Cash Management (1 day) ( courtesy @ designated_knitter)

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113
Atonswife
Contributor

Re: Credit unions with early direct deposit

DCU releases early. My official payday is Wednesday however my deposit is available after 6pm on Mondays. If Monday is a Federal Holiday where banks are closed, then my deposit is available the Friday before.
As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 2 of 114
creditfan
Established Contributor

DCU comes to mind

they even advertise on their website

Message 3 of 114
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Yes, I can confirm DCU posts my payroll direct deposit early. My payday is every other Friday and it usually shows as available Thursday mornings, but after a Monday holiday it's Thursday afternoon. And when I had the direct deposit going into Penfed earlier this year it was the same. My employer is the local county government and is probably not as fast processing payroll as other employers.

Message 4 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed.  I deposit a portion of my pay check to them and its always available one day before my actual pay day.

Message 5 of 114
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

NFCU is a day early, but any military associated bank/CU will be like this from my experience with NFCU/USAA.

Not so. I'm a member, and I tried it, and it was not available early.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

@5. PenFed (1 day) (courtesy @Anonymous)[I'm not so sure about PenFed]

I've verified this for myself.  My pay check is direct deposited into four accounts with Chase Bank, PenFed, University of Michigan Credit Union, and Tri City National Bank ( a small local bank).  The deposits to Chase and PenFed are done to avoid fees on my checking and savings accounts with them, and to allow me to get the maximum 2% cashback on my PenFed Power Cash Rewards card.  Officially pay day is every other Friday but PenFed always shows the funds available by 8 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursdays.  By comparison, Chase and UMCU show the funds available on Friday mornings, and TCNB shows the deposit as "pending" on Friday mornings.  I still have access to the TCNB funds but it isn't actually credited to my account until their system updates overnight Friday/Saturday morning.

Message 7 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get DD one day early for these three: DCU, PenFed, Apple FCU

Message 8 of 114
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

NASA Federal Credit Union does early direct deposit

Message 9 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

forgot to mention about Apple FCU; I believe their early DD is not necessarily for everyone, but depends on where you fall in their membership, mostly teachers from local school districts that the CU was originally set up to serve

Message 10 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.