Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit unions with early direct deposit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit unions with early direct deposit

Golden1 Credit Union. Available in the morning the day before the pay date, and if payday is on a Monday, it's available on Friday. 

Sierra Central was always at 9pm the night before payday.

Barclays is always on the pay date.

Message 21 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

SchoolsFirst FCU

Message 22 of 114
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

SchoolsFirst FCU

1 day or 2 day?

Limited membership or open membership?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 23 of 114
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I just started DD part of my paycheck into NFCU.  Payday was 3/1, funds were available 2/28 and the transaction actually took place before an ATM withdrawel I made on 2/27.  Not military, paycheck from private company.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 24 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaicawrote:

Some credit unions have early direct deposit. If you use direct deposit, they make it available a day or two early, sometimes even sooner than that.

The ones I know that offer this feature are:

1. Langley FCU (2 days)

2. Service CU [Somewhat limited membership] (2 days)

3. Hanscom FCU (2 days)

If you know of others, let me know and I'll add them to this post.

@4. DCU (2 days)(courtesy @Atonswife  @creditfan @DaveInAZ )

@5. PenFed (1 day) (courtesy @Anonymous)

@ 6. Chime Bank (2 day) (courtesy @creditfan)

@7. Abri [Limited membership] (1 day) (courtesy @codefreak13)

@8. University FCU, Mountain America, America First [all limited membership] (all 1-day) (courtesy @Creditfan1234)

@9. Golden 1 [Limited membership](1 day)(courtesy @Anonymous)

10. Andigo Credit Union (1 day)

FCCU (First Community Credit Union) (Houston) -- Availabe typically 2 days early.

Message 25 of 114
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@EAJuggalowrote:

I just started DD part of my paycheck into NFCU.  Payday was 3/1, funds were available 2/28 and the transaction actually took place before an ATM withdrawel I made on 2/27.  Not military, paycheck from private company.

That has not been my experience with NFCU. I will retest it.

Update 3/7/18: I've retested it, and NFCU did not make the deposit available early.

Message 26 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaicawrote:

@EAJuggalowrote:

That has not been my experience with NFCU. I will retest it.

I share the same experience as you. The funds do land in my account about a half hour before midnight, though. 

Message 27 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question.  Why?  The period between pay will be constant still, correct?  So, what is the point to early pay?

Message 28 of 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Question.  Why?  The period between pay will be constant still, correct?  So, what is the point to early pay?

It's hard to explain. When you start getting paid early, you'll understand what we're talking about. 

Message 29 of 114
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

If I were a wealthy man, I might not care. But since I'm not, I do like to have my money early. And which institution you use can make a difference. With the 2-day institutions, you can sometimes get it even earlier... I've had deposits with a Wednesday payment date credited to my account the previous Friday afternoon.... that's 5 calendar days early.

Message 30 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.