Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditkarma tax...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditkarma tax...

Just got my return.  Filed 2/14, and received the return on 2/24, and a couple of hundred bucks richer for creditkarma.com. 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried CreditKarma, but they quoted me a significantly lower refund amount than TurboTax (I used TurboTax Deluxe + Max Assist and Defend, and I still came out WAY ahead filing with TurboTax vs CreditKarma).  It's odd since I only had to do a standard deduction with zero tax credits so it's not like TurboTax found obscure loopholes for me.

Worse, CreditKarma's quote was before I entered my non-W2 taxable income (dividends, etc) vs Turbotax where I had some of my extra taxable income reported at the time. And, when everything was finally plugged in, it's not like I had lots of capital loss to report to explain the difference. I think I had a whole dollar of capital loss to report.  lol

Another dealbreaker is that, as of now, I don't think CreditKarma automatically imports data from brokerages, which is pretty inconvenient-- because ugh, I have to type everything in-- and slightly stressful-- because ugh, I need to quadruple check that I'm putting the right things in the right places.  

Message 12 of 13
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried CreditKarma, but they quoted me a significantly lower refund amount than TurboTax (I used TurboTax Deluxe + Max Assist and Defend, and I still came out WAY ahead filing with TurboTax vs CreditKarma).  It's odd since I only had to do a standard deduction with zero tax credits so it's not like TurboTax found obscure loopholes for me.

Worse, CreditKarma's quote was before I entered my non-W2 taxable income (dividends, etc) vs Turbotax where I had some of my extra taxable income reported at the time. And, when everything was finally plugged in, it's not like I had lots of capital loss to report to explain the difference. I think I had a whole dollar of capital loss to report.  lol

Another dealbreaker is that, as of now, I don't think CreditKarma automatically imports data from brokerages, which is pretty inconvenient-- because ugh, I have to type everything in-- and slightly stressful-- because ugh, I need to quadruple check that I'm putting the right things in the right places.  

I could not agree more about not importing brokerage information being a dealbreaker!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.