Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU Membership

Hello all, I applied for DCU refinance before I was a member.  The score was 692 Equifax, but had to hard pull again for the membership (MEHHHH).  I have sent over all the required docs.  My question is, how hard is it to get a membership?  I have no collections, one state tax lien that has been released/satisfied, scores down in my sig (although there equifax was significantly higher than myfico equifax), some late payments on student loans from a couple years ago, no missed payments for the last 2 years, 6 new accounts, 2 CO's from Royal Credit Union that I still need to pay off...I was already approved for the 1.99% refinance but did not realize you had to also be a member.  I hope this membership does not deny me because that is a SWEET refi deal, better than my current 13.5% with Cap One Auto Loans!

Thanks All!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chally
Regular Contributor

Re: DCU Membership

I successfully applied for membership last year with a 704 EQ score. A long as you haven't burnt any other banks you should be fine, it's a matter of formality.

Message 2 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I got a membership with 580 Fico score, with bunch of collections and bad history. The one thing they are more concern about, is ChexSystems record. If that is clear then Fico score is not a factor for opening a membership account.
That was August of 2014, I don't believe they changed anything from then.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Bremer Bank is a bad spot on Chexsystems for me and would Royal Credit Union be on there too since they are a Charge off?  I hope this refi does not fall apart because of this.  

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  Was denied membership.  692 equifax score does not matter, I guess I may have some account on my chexsystems (0 collections on credit reports).  I went onto the chexsystems page and ordered a copy to see what is on it and see if I can recon but I do have a charge off from Royal Credit Union which is probably the account that is holding me back.  I feel just deflated.  I went from 1.99% in the palm of my hands refi back to 13.5%.  Sigh.  Sigh.  Sigh.  

Oh yeah, and burned two hard inquiries in the mean time.  To potential DCU members, get the membership before you apply for anything.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ask them specifically to tell you, fix it, and see if you can provide proof of fixing and not have to pull report again. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they said they are sending a denial letter in the mail that should have the reason (hopefully the exact account).  Should I just call them?  I was notified about the denial by online chat but did not give me exact details other than "sending a letter that should give specific reason regarding the chexsystem".  It is my own fault, it just sucks!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call! I have membership and refin with them. They always have been nice and answered my questions. 

Message 8 of 9
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

You got 30 days to fix it with same HP from DCU, if your Royal Credit Union went to collection and then you paid the collection company then is most likely they didn't update Chexsystem.
It could be as simple as sending them your Royal Credit Union satisfaction letter. They do have a very good customer service if you call them also.

Good luck.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.