Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU- Worst Experience

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

DCU- Worst Experience

Applied for Auto Refi and Credit Card both Instant Approved. Went for memebership and because my license is 2 years old they need a utility bill in my name I pay no utilities. I feel like it was a waste of an HP. I will just stick with my Navy FCU accounts.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Re: DCU- Worst Experience

They all have their little pecadillos. Lenders seem to have a hard time understanding that some peoples' utilities are included in their rent. I had that issue in the condo we lived in before we bought our house. 

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 2 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

Applied for Auto Refi and Credit Card both Instant Approved. Went for memebership and because my license is 2 years old they need a utility bill in my name I pay no utilities. I feel like it was a waste of an HP. I will just stick with my Navy FCU accounts.

FCC claissified Internet as a utility - do you have a cell phone bill in your name? That should be enough. 

Message 3 of 10
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

FCC claissified Internet as a utility - do you have a cell phone bill in your name? That should be enough. 

+1 Absolutely.

Don't give up that easily, OP!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

Since I have a fraud alert on my EQ report, I always have to verify my address. I don't have any utilities (including cell phone) in my name either, at least not in South Florida, so I always include a copy of my bank statement as proof of address. I haven't had any issues even with banks that requested a utility bill. Good luck OP!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the want a form of identification;

Social Security Card is a legal GOVERNMENT issued form of identification. They will pretend as if they can't take it as ID but they can.

Doesn't have to be a utility bill, can be any bill. School Tuition, Cable, Phone etc.

Why not just go renew your License?

Seems like a waste when you can just renew the license right? They can't deny a non expired license. I hope that's not what you're saying.

Message 6 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

+1 Absolutely.

Don't give up that easily, OP!

Have given them sprint phone bill , ID, SSN card and even my 401K statement from Merrill Lynch and none of that was good enough

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like the want a form of identification;

Social Security Card is a legal GOVERNMENT issued form of identification. They will pretend as if they can't take it as ID but they can.

Doesn't have to be a utility bill, can be any bill. School Tuition, Cable, Phone etc.

Why not just go renew your License?

Seems like a waste when you can just renew the license right? They can't deny a non expired license. I hope that's not what you're saying.

SSA card isn't accepted many places anymore, much to my chagrin.  Nothing can be done about that either.

OP: ask them what they will accept, and it's generally really easy to go get another state ID dated basially today if the 2 year old one isn't acceptable.  I wouldn't give up yet, doesn't have to be a drivers license, or just go "lose" your current one.

After my recent ID issues I'd simply suggest everyone go get a passport anyway.

        
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This kind of stuff happens way too often, where an organization or an individual is stuck on 1980 or how "they know" something SHOULD be.

Like not understanding that the show Modem Family is a reflection of....Well , the Modern Family

Heather may indeed have 2 Mommies in today's world (Look it up, you too young to remember the controversy)

Anyway, I'm sometimes amazed that a company that uses 'advanced' FANCY new technology and methods...All of a sudden grinds to a halt DEMANDING and swearing they won't or can't move forward

Based upon 30 y.o. stipulations...
So I can re-sign
You can accept a scan
But God forbid you don't have a HOME line😂

If it weren't so stupid, it'd be SNL funny

Many times this stuff is just to check a box for SECONDARY identification....

It's funny @Revelate speaks of a passport, which BTW may be easier to get than close a loan or get a CC from some lenders.

Even funnier...More ppl than we'd want to admit have ZERO clue what to do with a passport.

I seen plenty ppl ask for something ELSE...Like a Work I.D. or a freaking library card because they may NO IDEA what the freak a passport is or it's relevance, none....Can be used all over the world but whip it out in Fresno or Cleveland and prefer a cable bill to PROVE who you are
America, my home sweet home 😎
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This kind of stuff happens way too often, where an organization or an individual is stuck on 1980 or how "they know" something SHOULD be.

Like not understanding that the show Modem Family is a reflection of....Well , the Modern Family

Heather may indeed have 2 Mommies in today's world (Look it up, you too young to remember the controversy)

Anyway, I'm sometimes amazed that a company that uses 'advanced' FANCY new technology and methods...All of a sudden grinds to a halt DEMANDING and swearing they won't or can't move forward

Based upon 30 y.o. stipulations...
So I can re-sign
You can accept a scan
But God forbid you don't have a HOME line😂

If it weren't so stupid, it'd be SNL funny

Many times this stuff is just to check a box for SECONDARY identification....

@Anonymous's funny @Revelate speaks of a passport, which BTW may be easier to get than close a loan or get a CC from some lenders.

Even funnier...More ppl than we'd want to admit have ZERO clue what to do with a passport.

I seen plenty ppl ask for something ELSE...Like a Work I.D. or a freaking library card because they may NO IDEA what the freak a passport is or it's relevance, none....Can be used all over the world but whip it out in Fresno or Cleveland and prefer a cable bill to PROVE who you are
America, my home sweet home 😎

Your comments about a passport are spot on. I sent a copy of my passport for a picture id and BlisPay wanted another picture id. Really? So I sent a copy of both plus another picture id. Makes you wonder...

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.