Did you mean: 

Dcu application requirements

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Dcu application requirements

Where do I become a member with first ?

what charity name is it ?

do they require checking and savings or they are ok with just savings?

are they pulling HP opening the savings and than another one for the visa ?
Can I first apply for the card before opening the bank checking or savings ?
how many pulls did it take to get the card?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dcu application requirements

Welcome to the forum. If you aearch DCU on the forum you will find most answers to your questions and even more.
Off top DCU normally pulls Equifax and they are Ok with just a savings account.
Its a hp for new account and hp for CC unless you are applying for auto loan then its only 1 hp for CC and auto loan.
As far as the charity you can find that on their website when you are attempting to open an account. Their website is a little bit up todate compared to other CU imo
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't make duplicate posts on the same subject.  You already have a post about joining DCU and obtaining a credit card.

Message 3 of 9
kugel
Valued Contributor

First apply for the cc ? And than the savings ?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess if you don't wanna waste a hp. Either way it would be a hp for both
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined up with DCU, can honostly say I hate the login they force on you over there.... 

I have not really done anything with my account there, mainly I just joined for the free fico-04 score and to stick 500 in savings. They are well known to be one of if not the lowest on auto loan rates though. 

Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined up with DCU, can honostly say I hate the login they force on you over there.... 

I have not really done anything with my account there, mainly I just joined for the free fico-04 score and to stick 500 in savings. They are well known to be one of if not the lowest on auto loan rates though. 

Their UW guidelines on HELOC's and HEL's are also absurdly low compared to many others I checked.  675 and 700 respectively, much like their 675 highest tier on auto loans.

Inquiries don't matter, paperwork can be dealt with (we've all wasted FAR more time in life than that) and the website, eh, it's OK nothing special but nowhere close to JCB in terms of suck functionality as an example and better than Penfed or SDFCU or Alliant or Logix or the other CU's I belong to... so focus on what they're good at, which is stellar rates on a couple of different products which almost everyone is going to want at some point in their lives.  $0 AF secured card isn't a shabby option either for that matter even if that's a more limited product in scope.

I highly recommend DCU as one of the best online/remote options for CU's out there honestly though here they get dinged for not having much in the way of a CC portfolio compared to say Penfed and their loan repayment practices don't make them a good reindeer games option like Alliant or maybe Penfed from what I've heard recently but haven't confirmed yet.  Also people worry about inquiries, meh, absurdly minimal in FICO 8 and earlier, FICO 9 maybe harshly penalizes them but we don't have almost any data other than my awkward EX compared to EQ scores where the difference was a 3 day old inquiry vs. the rest being 6 months or older at the time.

Also, heck, the EQ Beacon 5.0 DCU gives away to it's membership is my benchmark score out of all the ones I have access to and one of maybe 3 places where you can get a mortgage trifecta score for free, and they're open to everyone unlike PSECU.

One can do absolutely worse, by a whole lot.

        
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, you can definitely do worse. I just wish I could at least create my own username, maybe you can and I just do not know how. Honestly I have only logged in a couple of times since I do not have the random numbers they gave me memorized. 

If you do decide to go for a CC with DCU I would expect income verification though. Not that it is a big deal, but you have to be willing to deal with the hassle factor. I did not know they did good rates on HELOCs, I will keep that in mind for when I get my first place.

Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

True, you can definitely do worse. I just wish I could at least create my own username, maybe you can and I just do not know how. Honestly I have only logged in a couple of times since I do not have the random numbers they gave me memorized. 

If you do decide to go for a CC with DCU I would expect income verification though. Not that it is a big deal, but you have to be willing to deal with the hassle factor. I did not know they did good rates on HELOCs, I will keep that in mind for when I get my first place.

Ah well, the username stores nicely in my Keyring or one of the third party password management apps.

Yeah it'd be nice if it could be updated to some other more identifiable piece of information, but given I have several usernames in addition to unique passwords for sites, I needed a tracking system for them too so using my member number isn't a big deal on DCU.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.