Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for Capital One 360 checking then Approved after Chexsystems frozen

tag
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Declined for Capital One 360 checking then Approved after Chexsystems frozen

Hey guys about 2 weeks ago I applied for a capital one 360 account but was denied because I have a mark on Chexsystems even though I read that Capitalone360 was no longer going to use chex systems....Any who I did some further research and saw some people had frozen their Chexsystems and had gotten approved for banks they had previously gotten denied by. Well I froze my Chexsystems and applied about a day later and.....I was immediately approved no questions asked and even received an email stating my debitcard would be mailed to me. My question is....Has anyone who has tried this trick had their bank account closed?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
NY2014
Established Contributor

Re: Declined for Capital One 360 checking then Approved after Chexsystems frozen

Hey MRsolis . About two weeks ago the same.I tried two open an account 360 on line. I have a capital one business account. but i was declined as well, then i saw your post.and requested chexsystem I only have inquires, nothing negitive  I dont know why i was denied , but i went ahead a freezed Checksystem last week and all the others third parties, IDA,RS,Innouis,anything under the moon LOL . Well after reading your post . I thought hmmmm. let me see if it will work for me . Well .I was 'approved' how interesting information your Discovered Smiley WinkSmiley Tongue .. fantasic, !!! Thank you for being persistant .. .. 

Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 2 of 23
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Re: Declined for Capital One 360 checking then Approved after Chexsystems frozen

Hey no problem. I actually could not believe that the trick worked but to play it safe I am not going to deposit any money into the account for a few months in case they decide to do a manual review or something but freezing those accounts actually lets you get approved Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 23
NY2014
Established Contributor

I beleive i would have to agree with you on this one its bizzare but its worked .I was going to dispute what on my report or reasons why, but hey waiting sounds best leaveing th account with $10 bucks in case a service fee pops up LOL .the worst thing could only happen, the account gets closed over a maunal review or . we just got lucky For some saking reason when Capital one and other banks was supose to fall in suit  drop using chexsystem maybe we caught the first leg LOL but anyways.I myself again Appreciate your investigation and testing it for most of us here fico Family Smiley Tongue  my only issue is i dont have any problem opening an checking account anywhere except this Capital one 360 and was more than shocked,, but for your peace of mind waiting a month or so, keep it open few dollars,to keep the account active .. 

,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 4 of 23
onlysometimes
Established Member

I just want to say (Mod Cut) thank you to the OP for leaving this here.  Unfortunately for me, this info was posted only days after I had begun my ferocious pusuit of several disputes (read: every single (Mod Cut) one available to consuners) against Chex based on their innacurate reporting of non-DDA acct. inquiries and subsequesnt scoring model deficiencies  which resulted in my app for CapOne 360 checking being denied as well as putting my currently open w/local CU checking/savings accounts in jeopardy of closure.  The company that was responsible for the inquiries in dispute ((Factor Trust)) received, processed, and resolved my dispute within 18 hours of my submission, and then, upon request via phone, immediately contacted Chex to have their erroneous inquiries removed, but Chex couldn't care (Mod Cut) about the urgency of my dilemma and infirmed me that their ETA for removal would be 30-45 days!  Sure glad I filed those complaints w/ the CFPB & FTC at the same time I faxed my dispute forms --- I'm gonna have a whole lot to say to those agencies when they follow up in the next few days.

So here I was, feeling entirely helpless and abused by Chex and their and their Top Secret scoring model that somehow identifies me as someone whose much a too great a risk to be allowed to open a (second!)  checking acct, when I happen to stumble onto this post.  I won't lie -- I didn't think it would work, but zi fgured I had nothing to lose by trying so I placed the freeze on Monday night.  Fast forward to near midnight last night when I once more attempt to apply for 360 checking;  I absomlutely expected to be deniedm again - but, to my shock and amazement the application was completed and account opened within 3 minutes of logging on.  AND they offered me an overdraft protection loan w/out my having to ask!!!

Thank you verhy much OP for posting this here...you just did for me in a minute of two what dozens of hour on the phone with half that many different agencies/companies coulfd not.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Scores as of 7/12/15 - Eq: 631, TU: 635, Ex: 660
Cap1 QS1 (PC plat 2/15): $800| CreditOne (3/15): $400| Cap1 QS (open 4/15): $4K (CLI $3K via luv: 6/15)| Playstation (6/15): $1K (EO CLI from $300)| NFCU cashRewards Visa SIGGY (7/15); $5000 (2k SL, immediate recon = CLI to $5k)| Barclays Hawaiin Airlines World Elite MC (7/15): $2.5k

Store Cards: Paypal Credit (2/15): $1200| Amazon Prime (3/15): $600| Fingerhut (6/15): $700| Gettington (6/15): $500

AU: Cap1 Sec (7/14).: $600| Cap1 Plat. (8/14): $500 (CLI from $300)| Cap1 QS1 (4/15): $500| Cap1 QS1 (5/15): $300| CareCredit (4/12): $500
Message 5 of 23
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Hey no problemo and as I said above it is probably best to hold off using it as a main account because there is always the chance that they do a manual review. 

Message 6 of 23
NY2014
Established Contributor

Congrats again OP'S (MRsolis) Major Kudos in My Book🙏🏻 like you mention Lets Wait within the Next Month or So.
Regards
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if everyone is responsible with their acct. 360 will keep it open

Message 8 of 23
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Well guys it has been about 60 days since I did this and all is clear. I have made deposits and used the card and even checks and it looks like there are no signs of them closing the account. 

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 360 account has no fees. Not even bounced check fees. It is the only bank account I was able to keep when I went through my financial difficulties. I love them for their flexibility and ease of use. For 5 years I never had a checkbook because everything is so easy. Highly recommend them.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.