cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I just get back into NFCU with a bk?

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Did I just get back into NFCU with a bk?

So I am one year post discharge. Just for the fun of it, I tried logging into my NFCU savings account. Logged in just fine. I went to transfer some of the money to an external account and it wouldn't transfer from savings, but the FAQ said it won't, it has to be transferred from a checking account, so I clicked the open a new account link and applied for a new checking account, which I also did last year immediately after the bk. That one got declined. Yesterday, I just got a "we'll let you know" message.
Today, I got an email that I have a message, logged in and "congratulations, your new account has been established. A navy federal debit card has been sent to the address on record. Please use our online services, blah blah blah"... am I off the blacklist? Or just allowed to have a checking account?
On an aside, I clicked on the credit card section, and it lets me access and fill out the application. It didn't used to do that.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Did I just get back into NFCU with a bk?

You are permitted to have deposit accounts with NFCU even if you burned them in bankruptcy.  This was a recent order that came down.

If you IIB a nfcu credit account, then you cannot get another credit account unless you pay them back in full everything that they lost.  I linked to a previous thread with additional detail.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Navy-Federal-Credit-Union-NFCU-After-Including-in-Bankrup...

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.