Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between a CLOC and a PLOC?

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Difference between a CLOC and a PLOC?

Can someone explain to me the difference between a PLOC and a CLOC?  I thought they were basically the same thing. but I have been corrected by a bank person going. we dont offer PLOCs, And where is this in line with Overdraft credit accounts?

-J

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Difference between a CLOC and a PLOC?

@joltdude

I created your own thread and edited he subject line.  You are free to change it as you see fit.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 7
Appleman
Valued Contributor

If you look at PenFed PLOC and NFCU CLOC, there is not much difference between the two.

The CLOC for NFCU is attached to your checking account and can act as an overdraft. Or you can transfer money from the account or withdraw money at the window. Acts like a revolving account. I believe max amount is $15K

The PLOC at PenFed is a seperate line of credit. Accessed the same way, check, transfer or teller withdraw. Acts like a revolving account. PenFed uses Thrifty as their overdraft feature on the checking account. I believe max amount is $25K

From where I sit, doesn't seem like much difference.

Message 3 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Thanks Irish.. appreciate it. Kinda thought i would get an answer but i think it got lost in the approval thread ...

-J

Message 4 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I think the only diff i think I see is how you access it.... PLOC you can pull from direct since its a separate account, CLOCs are more of an attachment/overdraft LOC and connected to a corresponding checking account...

Message 5 of 7
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I have both PenFed and NFCU products. The lowest interest rate also differs 10.xx versus 13.xx which I believe are the lowest rates offered on the PLOC and CLOC respectively.

Message 6 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Can someone explain to me the difference between a PLOC and a CLOC?  I thought they were basically the same thing. but I have been corrected by a bank person going. we dont offer PLOCs, And where is this in line with Overdraft credit accounts?

-J

It's just terminology. NFCU uses the term "checking line of credit" for its personal line of credit.

Some PLOC's are automatic overdraft-protectors, like NFCU's CLOC. Some aren't. PenFed has both kinds.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.