Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Bank Checking Compromised

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Discover Bank Checking Compromised

Hi all,

My checking account with Discover had over 300 in bogus charges this morning when I logged on to it. Never once used the debit card so must be an inside job as I have not heard of any Discover hack and this after my Discover credit card was compromised earlier this week. Am not very happy with their security measures, will be terminating the checking account as soon as all the money is back in the account and this is resolved. You might want to check your accounts if you have any with them.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: Discover Bank Checking Compromised

Makes one wonder if the two are related. Too much of a coincidence.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Bank Checking Compromised

@gdale6 wrote:

Hi all,

My checking account with Discover had over 300 in bogus charges this morning when I logged on to it. Never once used the debit card so must be an inside job as I have not heard of any Discover hack and this after my Discover credit card was compromised earlier this week. Am not very happy with their security measures, will be terminating the checking account as soon as all the money is back in the account and this is resolved. You might want to check your accounts if you have any with them.

gdale6 sorry to hear about this violation of your privacy! Understand your desire to relocate your checking activities. Closed mine several months back along with my savings account of five years. Did not feel the bank was where I wanted to be. Found them very slow to post and when they started me out with Check No. 101 which no one where I live would take coupled with my uneasyness related to the Debit Card limit of $5,000 which they would not lower, I found it better to not assume the potential liability and move on in life.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.