Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Personal Loan *** Approved!!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Discover Personal Loan *** Approved!!

I had been considering a personal loan to hopefully pay off some cards with high interest rates.  Yesterday I received some info in the mail from Discover about doing just that. So...I gave them a call.

I got an unsecured loan for $18k to pay off 3 cards with interest rates between 17 & 19%.  My rate...9%!!!!

I was pleasantly surprised!  I do have great FICO's...all between 749 & 761.  I will be able to pay this off at about $330 per month for 5 years, or sooner, if I choose.

This is a big step toward my credit repair journey.  I'm stoked!! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Personal Loan *** Approved!!

Cool.  Dw gets mailers from them all the time.  

Message 2 of 4
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Discover has been great with personal loans, from my experience. I had a friend who racked up 15k on their Discover CC. Great FICO's, no baddies. I recommended to him that he go to his credit union and get a loan to pay it off. He tried his credit union but they turned him down. Discover approved him for the full 15k for 10.99% - pretty decent approval, I would say. I was suprised they did the loan when his credit union didnt.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.