Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover Personal Loan experience

Great info.
AMEX BCE $9000- DCU Platinum $10000- Chase FU $11700- AMEX EDP $15000- NFCU CLOC $15000- Penfed Promise $25000- Cap1 Premier Dining $25000- NFCU Go Rewards $27100- Venture $27750 **As of 5/1/17** EX- 746(21) TU- 757(17) EQ- 739(12) UTI 3%- Clean Files-
Established Contributor

Well I received a phone call from Discover at 6pm CST asking for me to call them - again, the application status says approved online, so I will call them in the morning to determine what they say. Hopefully it's not some insane APR or I will decline - if in fact approved.
            FICO Scores: EQ: 779 TU: 798 EX: 772
Established Contributor

babson wrote:
Well I received a phone call from Discover at 6pm CST asking for me to call them - again, the application status says approved online, so I will call them in the morning to determine what they say. Hopefully it's not some insane APR or I will decline - if in fact approved.

Called in this morning and was approved for a 30k loan for a term of 7 years at 9% APR.  No type of origination fees or any penalties for paying off loan early.  30k is to be deposited in my bank account within 2 business days.  Beyond the conufsion from the system indicating approved out of the gate, then going back to call us, it was painless experience.  I did submit a picture of a pay stub, but honestly I also indicated to them that they could check my Discover bank account for the bi-weekly electronic deposits.

Here are some data points to help anyone out.  My income is 120k per year.  Relationship with Discover is about 2 years - Discover IT and bank accounts (checking/savings).  Originally they were trying to push 11% APR, but when I was about to balk they transferred me to a senior analyst.  He offered the 9% since I was having payments automatically withdrawn from my Discover bank account.  

New Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS babson!!! Thanks so very much for sharing such a detailed account of your adventure through this process. I had always been curious at what all was involved,and how the process worked with the Discover personal loan. Thnaks again - I'm sure many folks found this interesting and educational.

|CHASE VI SIG $38K|CITI DIVIDEND MC $27K|CITI DOUBLE CASH $12.5K| VIRGIN AIR SIG VI $19K|CHASE MARRIOTT VI SIG $26K|US BANK CASH + $19K| US BANK LOC $5K|AMEX PLATINUM OPTIMA $8.5K/AMEX BCE $25K|BARCLAY RING $8.5K|FNBO PLAT VI $25K|NORDSTROM VI SIG $15K|DISCOVER $27K|PATELCO CU VI $5K|TARGET RED $3K|JC PENNEY $6.5K|MACYS AMEX $4.4K|CITI SEARS $2K|CHEVRON $2.5K|FIRESTONE $3K|PAY PAL CREDIT $4K|SYNC RAINSOFT $14K – NEXT GOAL: REFI MORTGAGE TO US BANK JAN 2017. BADDIES: SHORT SALE JUNE 2013 WITH CHASE. FICO 8 AVG: 750 AAoA 14.4 Yrs.
Established Contributor

Credit_Fun4Dave wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS babson!!! Thanks so very much for sharing such a detailed account of your adventure through this process. I had always been curious at what all was involved,and how the process worked with the Discover personal loan. Thnaks again - I'm sure many folks found this interesting and educational.

Thank you sir.  I hope the data points will be useful for someone going forward.  

Established Contributor

babson, Congratulations on the approval and awesome terms!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. 

Current scores (FICO 8): EX-752, EQ-726, TU-753
NFCU Flagship $22K | NFCU Cashrewards $22K | Discover IT $34K | SECU Visa $10K | CSR $15K | Chase Marriott $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX SPG $23K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX PRG | Aviator Red $26K | Citi TY Premier $11.6K | BoA Cash Rewards $15k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $8K | BJs MC $13K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $11,250 | Macy’s Store/Amex $10K/$4K | BR Visa $5K | JCP $7.5K | Kohl’s $3K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $10K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $3.5k
Established Member

[ Edited ]

What kind of documentation  did they ask for

Established Contributor

The only thing I uploaded was a bi-weekly pay statement.
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Very interesting! Thanks!

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.