Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover saving account and transfer

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Discover saving account and transfer

I recently opened a Discover saving account and to meet the the SUB, the deposit should be done in a few weeks. There is a daily/monthly limit to deposit checks with phone.

Is there any other method to deposit money in this account without fee? For the other accounts, I observed that the wire transfer or external transfer can have hidden fee of ~20-30$ (not notified before the transfer and it was applied, after receiving the deposit).

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover saving account and transfer

I took this screen shot from the Discover app that I have. For other deposits I do ACH pushes from other accounts and I never been charged fee.

6F3B3587-DE4F-4AC6-90CB-BC7EB12A1F43.jpeg

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 2 of 4
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Discover is not a partner of e.g. Zelle. How can I use ACH from e.g. Chase or Citi to my Discover account without fee?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 3 of 4
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@xenon3030wrote:

Discover is not a partner of e.g. Zelle. How can I use ACH from e.g. Chase or Citi to my Discover account without fee?

As I said in your other thread pretty much asking the same question: do it the other way - link the external accounts in Discover and then do an ACH pull from them into Discover. You'll have to wait a day or so for Discover to make 2 trial deposits into those accounts to verify them, then you're good to go.

What SUB is there for opening a Discover savings account? I've been waiting for one.

EDIT: I found it on DoC, $15k/$150 SUB. Little rich for my blood right now, I just did a $10k/$200 SUB (targeted) for Cap One 360 MM.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.