Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase do a HP to open a Checking account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase do a HP to open a Checking account

How long does it take to get the account open?

Message 11 of 26
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How long does it take to get the account open?

Not too long. The moment you submit all your information really.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 26
chalupaman
Super Contributor

The best thing about having a Chase checking account if you've never had any cards with Chase is that it gives you a way to see if you've been approved for their cards.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 13 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@chalupaman wrote:

The best thing about having a Chase checking account if you've never had any cards with Chase is that it gives you a way to see if you've been approved for their cards.

Come again?  Doesn't that show on your typical CC login page if approved once you apply or pre-qualified/approved do you mean?

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you guys tell me what this card is?? Am I supposed to select this?

Chase.PNG

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My $300 checking acct bounus gets deposited into my checking account tomorrow.  You can get your own coupon through their website but I bought mine on ebay.  Spent 8 bucks to get and extra $150.  Bye bye BoA checking.  But, soon I'll say bye bye Chase when I move it over to my credit unioin.  I'm still debating this.  I'm only doing it to set up a relationship with the CU for an eventual car loan.  I may stick with Chase provided I see excellent customer service and they continue to give me all the credit cards and lines I want.

Message 16 of 26
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Come again?  Doesn't that show on your typical CC login page if approved once you apply or pre-qualified/approved do you mean?

Like you if you get approved, you can literally see the account show up on your account page sometime after the approval. All of my Chase cards have been this way. Especially useful if you don't get instant approval on their cards.

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its their debit card design options. You can either choose the standard one shown or the Disney design

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks HeavenlyFlower. My DW just told me that Hahaha.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks HeavenlyFlower. My DW just told me that Hahaha.

Smiley Happy No problem

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.