Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does NFCU run hard inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does NFCU run hard inquiries?

I'm thinking of joining NFCU. My DW is a current member as well as my brother. If they can help me join NFCU.  Would they need to run a hard pull? I have a checking with USAA, but they don't have any branches near me. I just want a checking and savings account 

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Gramz
Contributor

Re: Does NFCU run hard inquiries?

I do not think so, I got with NFCU in 2011.  If you are trying to get any CC's yes they going to pull your credit.  If you are just trying to open a checking account I do not think so.

Someone with recent experience(open and account) can answer this question better and give you some insight.

Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 2 of 22
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm thinking of joining NFCU. My DW is a current member as well as my brother. If they can help me join NFCU.  Would they need to run a hard pull? I have a checking with USAA, but they don't have any branches near me. I just want a checking and savings account 

Thanks in advance! 

Unless NFCU has significantly changed their policies, they HP to join, and unlike most CUs they do NOT reuse that HP for any other product (CLOC, CC, etc.). I can't remember for sure, but I believe the joining HP was on TU. They're definitely worth it though - good luck!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 22
ScarlettClone
Valued Member

@heyryan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance! 

Unless NFCU has significantly changed their policies, they HP to join, and unlike most CUs they do NOT reuse that HP for any other product (CLOC, CC, etc.). I can't remember for sure, but I believe the joining HP was on TU. They're definitely worth it though - good luck!

I agree with the above.

I opened a new account with NFCU in the begining of 2017 and it was a HP just to open the account.  

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll wait a few months for my recent inquiries to wear off.  Really appreciate everyone's response 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 1HP to join and for a cc 3 months ago.

Message 6 of 22
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

I opened checking and savings with NFCU over the phone in October 2017 and had a SOFT pull on TransUnion.  I did not apply for any credit products.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this might sound dumb. But does it matter who sponsors me? My DW just become an NFCU member. While my brother has been a member since 2010 but he has negative history with them. He's still a member but is under debt management and is making payments to them. 

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened an account with NFCU over the summer (through eligibility from my deceased grandfather).

They did do a hard pull so make sure your credit can take the few points ding before going to open it!

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@damike147853
Do you remember which credit bureau they pulled? My Equifax is the lowest due to being an AU on a credit card with high balance. It is the only bureau that has not removed that account from my report.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.