Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Debt Free!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally Debt Free!

So I had been hoarding money for a little over a year now. Tonight, I finally went crazy from all my debt and just decided to finally pay it all off. Three years ago, I was in horrible debt and declared Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. That wiped out all but about $10,000 in student loans. Well I've been widdling that down for a bit and got a car in the process. Tonight, I spent about $8,000 to pay off my car, student loans, and what little in credit cards I had. 

I'm just happy to be done with it all. I'll rebuild my bank account, but tonight feels like I'm finally free. Free at last; free at last; thank God almighty, for I am free at last!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally Debt Free!

Congrats!  Must be a great feeling knowing you dont owe anyone!

Message 2 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I had been hoarding money for a little over a year now. Tonight, I finally went crazy from all my debt and just decided to finally pay it all off. Three years ago, I was in horrible debt and declared Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. That wiped out all but about $10,000 in student loans. Well I've been widdling that down for a bit and got a car in the process. Tonight, I spent about $8,000 to pay off my car, student loans, and what little in credit cards I had. 

I'm just happy to be done with it all. I'll rebuild my bank account, but tonight feels like I'm finally free. Free at last; free at last; thank God almighty, for I am free at last!

Congratulations. I'm very happy for you.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must be an amazing feeling.  Congrats and good job.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome ... breathe and enjoy the fresh air ... you earned it Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 24
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Well done! I'd never be debt free between the mortgage and student loans, NO WAY! I'm sure it's an awesome feeling to have.

Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So happy for you, pal!

Bear in mind that with all of your installment loans paid off, you will likely take a big hit to your FICO score.  But folks here can tell you how to get those points back if you want.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congratulations!!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on  your success. It really is a great feeling, isn't it? You are a true success story!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.