Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Debt Free!

tag
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Re: Finally Debt Free!

OP- Woohoo!!  That's wonderful, and your future self will be very grateful.

Awesome!!!

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well what do you know. You guys were right: my Credit Karma Score dropped 15 points on both Equi and Trans. I was in the 700 Club (3 years post-bankruptcy) before I went on my debt shedding spree. I'm down to 685. Oh well, I probably won't need a credit score if I can keep my trend going (ironic saying something like that on a site like MyFico).

Message 22 of 24
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well what do you know. You guys were right: my Credit Karma Score dropped 15 points on both Equi and Trans. I was in the 700 Club (3 years post-bankruptcy) before I went on my debt shedding spree. I'm down to 685. Oh well, I probably won't need a credit score if I can keep my trend going (ironic saying something like that on a site like MyFico).

Congrats on being debt free!!  I'm right behind you.  I just have my student loans ($12k) and auto loan ($25k) left and that should take me less than 36 months.  

Even though I am in the process of rebuilding my credit because I was recently discharged from a CH13 BK, once I am debt free - I could care less what my credit score does!  LOL!!  And I second that a mortgage can be a burden vs a blessing sometime.  But if you go the cash route, it most definitely will be a great blessing!!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on being debt free! Having a decent credit score is something that can sometimes be useful in ways you don't expect (car insurance rates, for example), so it's a good idea to have a revolving account (credit card) or two to maintain it, even if you don't use them much. But your score will jump up again after the bankruptcy clears off.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.