cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally Debt Free!

Valued Member

Finally Debt Free!

So I had been hoarding money for a little over a year now. Tonight, I finally went crazy from all my debt and just decided to finally pay it all off. Three years ago, I was in horrible debt and declared Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. That wiped out all but about $10,000 in student loans. Well I've been widdling that down for a bit and got a car in the process. Tonight, I spent about $8,000 to pay off my car, student loans, and what little in credit cards I had. 

I'm just happy to be done with it all. I'll rebuild my bank account, but tonight feels like I'm finally free. Free at last; free at last; thank God almighty, for I am free at last!

23 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally Debt Free!

Congrats!  Must be a great feeling knowing you dont owe anyone!

FICO08 7/27/17 EQ-769, TU-767, EX-761
Gardening unit sometime in 2018
Super Contributor

visionsdivine wrote:

So I had been hoarding money for a little over a year now. Tonight, I finally went crazy from all my debt and just decided to finally pay it all off. Three years ago, I was in horrible debt and declared Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. That wiped out all but about $10,000 in student loans. Well I've been widdling that down for a bit and got a car in the process. Tonight, I spent about $8,000 to pay off my car, student loans, and what little in credit cards I had. 

I'm just happy to be done with it all. I'll rebuild my bank account, but tonight feels like I'm finally free. Free at last; free at last; thank God almighty, for I am free at last!

Congratulations. I'm very happy for you.

FICO8 EQ 725 TU 750 EX 717 Total revolving credit 443500
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Must be an amazing feeling.  Congrats and good job.

Super Contributor

Awesome ... breathe and enjoy the fresh air ... you earned it Smiley Happy
Starting Score: 802
Current Score: 821
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor

Well done! I'd never be debt free between the mortgage and student loans, NO WAY! I'm sure it's an awesome feeling to have.

Starting Score:6/8/16: EX 585, TU 551, EQ 574
Current Score: 11/8/17: EX 680, TU 674, EQ 687
Goal Score: 700

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

visionsdivine wrote:

So happy for you, pal!

Bear in mind that with all of your installment loans paid off, you will likely take a big hit to your FICO score.  But folks here can tell you how to get those points back if you want.

Frequent Contributor

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Established Contributor

Super Congratulations!!

In the garden as of March 17, 2017.

Amex PRG NPSL | Amex Hilton Surpass $6K l Aviator Red $3.5K | Best Buy $6K | Amazon $6K | Chase $5K | BBVA $5K | UFCU $10K | NFCU $15K
Community Leader
Super Contributor

visionsdivine wrote:

Congratulations on  your success. It really is a great feeling, isn't it? You are a true success story!

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover; NASA Platinum Cash Rewards. EQ: 763 TU: 737 EX: 787