Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Pennsylvania Question/ Elan Credit Card Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First National Bank of Pennsylvania Question/ Elan Credit Card Question

Apparently, my local bank is converting to First National Bank in March Smiley Sad

This is the first time I will have experienced a bank merger.

I read the welcome packet and all sorts of exciting things; I was just wanting to know what their customer service and products are like since my checking will be converted over automatically to one of their products. Is anyone a customer there?

I have no idea what will happen with my American Express card issued by Elan Financial Services. Since Elan owns the account will they continue to service and let me use it after the merger?  

FNB from what I have read issues their own credit card (One no frills Visa which sounds awful! aside from the 14.99% apr) whereas my bank partnered with Elan Financial services and offered an awesome array of cards with travel rewards and cashback. 

I guess my question is since FNB does not partner with Elan what will happen to my card after the merger? 

Thanks in advance guys!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First National Bank of Pennsylvania Question/ Elan Credit Card Question

Call the bank and ask. Then report back and let us know. Good info not elsewhere reported.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First National Bank of Pennsylvania Question/ Elan Credit Card Question

Thanks, Dinosaur!

Sorry for the late reply it took them a little while to respond to my SM.

This was Elan's response.

"Thank you for contacting Elan Financial Services via our Website about your Cash Rewards American Express® account. As we are a separate financial institution from any bank this account will not be affected by any merger. The account actually no longer has an affiliation with Yadkin Bank and is strictly now only an Elan Financial Institution card. Your account will stay open and you will be able to use the card without worry. Please contact us again if we can be of further assistance."

I have a sentimental attachment to this card they gave me $4,800 with 6months of credit history and were actually my first unsecured bank card!

This explains why my last two statements no longer said "Yadkin Bank" but instead simply said "Elan"

Hope this info helps anyone who was curious!   

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.