Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Tax Prep and e-Filing

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Free Tax Prep and e-Filing

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

I think there are things that it doesn't pay to skimp on, such as your electrician and doing your taxes. If you have somewhat of a handle on personal finances, TurboTax Deluxe Federal and e-File is an absolute steal at CostCo. And what is there not love about the user interface of TurboTax? Anything remotely associated with bookkeeping gives me the creeps, but this software works for me.

I happened to get an extra chunk of money a few months ago and am prior to new year investing heavily in tax deductions to shave off the higher tax bracket for yet more. Contributing extra to the 401(k) and maxing out my traditional IRA. Paying the spring property taxes and making the January and February mortgage payments now. Last year, I got my refund in mid-February.

I agree, but given the costs in Turbotax (online) are to file, and I don't mind entering my data twice (well I should get prior year copied over just fine on TurboTax) I'll probably take the CK tour just for giggles to see what it is.  If it can save me ~$80 on filing between the fed and Cali, that's probably worth while if they come up with the same numbers this year.  I actually have a number of income and deduction sources this year so it may be an interesting test anyway.

        
Message 11 of 12
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Free Tax Prep and e-Filing

Tax Act for me.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.