Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free unlimited checks?

tag
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

Free unlimited checks?

My understanding is that with a Fidelity Cash Management Account, you get free unlimited checks (the actual checks, not just check processing). And there's no minimum balance requirements or other fees or hoops, right?

It also looks like the Amex Serve prepaid cards also offer unlimited free checks, but you have to set aside the funds for the checks ahead of time, and write a code they give you when you do that onto the check.

Have you found any other ways to get unlimited free checks?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

Re: Free unlimited checks?

It also looks like the Merrill Lynch CMA offers free unlimited checks.

Message 2 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@pdxmike wrote:

It also looks like the Merrill Lynch CMA offers free unlimited checks.

If you're eligible, USAA will provide unlimited paper checks as well.  Smiley Wink

They are just the 'plain' ones, though... if you want the fancy designs or duplicates there is a charge.

Message 3 of 6
axlm
Regular Contributor

@pdxmike wrote:
My understanding is that with a Fidelity Cash Management Account, you get free unlimited checks (the actual checks, not just check processing). And there's no minimum balance requirements or other fees or hoops, right?

It also looks like the Amex Serve prepaid cards also offer unlimited free checks, but you have to set aside the funds for the checks ahead of time, and write a code they give you when you do that onto the check.

Have you found any other ways to get unlimited free checks?

Discover Checking: free checks, no minimum balance requirements, no monthly fees, 0.10 cashback per transaction (bill pay, cashed check, debit card swipe).

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 4 of 6
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

NFCU offers free checks too! They just have your name on them and they are basic checks, but totally free!

Message 5 of 6
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

I now have my Fidelity checks. They're designed by Harland Clarke, so they look more attractive than Fidelity's lime green credit cards, with a pastel blue and green design. No puppies or sunsets, but they're professional looking, and the fact that they're free and unlimited has made me switch from my boring credit union checks to these. They come with a thick black leatherette checkbook case with a gold Fidelity imprint, and I picked up a Fidelity pen from a nearby office. (They have free newspapers, too.)

I think I would be impressed if someone gave me a check from an investment brokerage, because I would think they had their financial act together. And I'm going to use that total misunderstanding of my financial act togetherness to my advantage. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.