Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing chexsystems report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freezing chexsystems report

I read an old post from 2010 that said they got an online checking account by freezing their chexsystems record. I tried it but I wasn't approved for a Checking account because since thet cojodntb check chexsystems, they checked EWS. Oh well....
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freezing chexsystems report

What information was on your EWS that they denied you for?

Message 2 of 10
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried Ally Bank or TD Bank?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an old account from td bank on my chexsystems
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What bank were you trying to apply for

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried them all. I have woodforest bank. I had gotten approved by SunTrust and then they closed it a couple days later due to EWS. They say I wrote a bad check. I also applied for capital one 360, PNC, wells Fargo. Then I just stopped.

The bank I have now is good and they have a second chance account, it was converted into a regular account after a year. I dont like having to drive 5 miles to walmart every time that i want to go to the bank. I was approved for a td bank account and they sold my old account to collections. Perhaps I can put 5 dollars in it and see of they close it after a few weeks before I put more money in it
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow do u have key bank near u. They will give u a shot. When you applied for capital one did they tell u they checked ews.

I'm currently trying to find out how to freeze ews
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I think they did. I don't have a key bank near me. Please let me know of you figure out how to freeze was.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

EWS
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I promise to check back its my mission for ths week and I am relentless lol

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.