Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funding NFCU, PENFED or DCU with credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funding NFCU, PENFED or DCU with credit card

I know NFCU and DCU will allow a credit card to fund an account - does it post as a cash advance?  Does anyone know about PENFED?   Thanks - sorry if the answers are already out there - couldnt locate them but that is likely user error.  Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Funding NFCU, PENFED or DCU with credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

I know NFCU and DCU will allow a credit card to fund an account - does it post as a cash advance?  Does anyone know about PENFED?   Thanks - sorry if the answers are already out there - couldnt locate them but that is likely user error.  Smiley Tongue

PenFed does allow credit cards but I think the maximum amount is $5. You can always call their 800 number. CS is really good!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For NFCU, it didn't post as a cash advance for me.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know NFCU and DCU will allow a credit card to fund an account - does it post as a cash advance?  

I used Chase to fund my NFCU; showed as a 'membersip fee' not a cash advance

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe I initially funded my Navy Federal account with a credit card last summer. Do they allow a future account deposit to be from a credit card, or only the intial one? Just wondering.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know about future funding.  They allowed me to use my current debit card as a one time courtesy so I didnt use any of my cc's.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typically CC funding is only done once, if it is permitted at all, as the method of making the initial deposit.

Doctor of Credit is the best reource I know for information about CC funding of bank accounts, and indeed about the broader subject of chasing promotional bonuses for opening bank accounts and promotions for opening credit cards.  The two can work together really well, where one opens a CC with a huge bonus for 3k of minimum spend, and then opens a bank account with a bonus that permits CC funding with that card.

Take a look here to answer your first question:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/does-funding-a-bank-account-with-a-credit-card-count-as-a-purchase-or-...

But also:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/bank-account-reference-pages/

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks CreditGuy - I should have been more clear - I was asking only about initial funding.   Good info!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.