cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to NFCU branch to open account. What should I bring?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to NFCU branch to open account. What should I bring?

I've read through the NFCU tutorial on how to open an account. I've also seen some threads where people were asked to submit other things. I'd love to take care of it all in one trip to my local branch. I already have my Navy League San Diego email confirmations. POI, POR, ID... what else should I bring to try to get it all taken care of in one long visit to the branch?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Going to NFCU branch to open account. What should I bring?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read through the NFCU tutorial on how to open an account. I've also seen some threads where people were asked to submit other things. I'd love to take care of it all in one trip to my local branch. I already have my Navy League San Diego email confirmations. POI, POR, ID... what else should I bring to try to get it all taken care of in one long visit to the branch?

DL

SS card

Two Proof of residence (electric bill, phone bill, cable,  etcc.) 

POI

This should be fine

Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Go Navy tshirtSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can it be done in a day with fair credit? I envision walking in, showing them my stips, giving them money, then sitting with a loan officer and discussing a CC, CLOC, and auto loan. Am I naive to think this can happen all at once or is that doable?

Message 4 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can it be done in a day with fair credit? I envision walking in, showing them my stips, giving them money, then sitting with a loan officer and discussing a CC, CLOC, and auto loan. Am I naive to think this can happen all at once or is that doable?

yep...doable. 

But expect a HP for everything you apply for because they are all treated separately.  So, expect 3 HP's.  And since they have been pulling TU lately as well for credit products...you might get 3-hp's on TU, or 3 on EQ or basically any combo....LOL..

Smiley Happy  Good luck to you, and hope you get them all!

Message 5 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I think I have read several threads where even if you go into the branch , with your Navy League being your way in , they still have to submit everything to the main office , they will fax it all for you and verify but it still has to go thru the other steps.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I faxed my application initially but the CSR could not find it. I emailed and after a week, got email to verify my identity docs. I went to branch and this nice young lady sent them to back office. A week later, debit card arrived at home.
Message 7 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
I think I have read several threads where even if you go into the branch , with your Navy League being your way in , they still have to submit everything to the main office , they will fax it all for you and verify but it still has to go thru the other steps.

+1

Joining in a brick-and-mortar branch can be YMMV for the folks who are becoming members via the NLUS/SD route. 

While a few have reported no issues with joining in a branch, many on here using NLUS/SD have reported that the branch staff either immediately offers to fax off a paper app, or they simply don't know what to do and have to phone for instructions (which has gone both ways).

I'll never discourage anybody from trying something (even if it failed in the past things are always changing...), but if the branch isn't local (i.e. you'll be making a road trip) I would definitely recommend calling ahead to see if that particular branch will be able to accommodate your request.

Just my 2¢.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:

+1

Joining in a brick-and-mortar branch can be YMMV for the folks who are becoming members via the NLUS/SD route. 

While a few have reported no issues with joining in a branch, many on here using NLUS/SD have reported that the branch staff either immediately offers to fax off a paper app, or they simply don't know what to do and have to phone for instructions (which has gone both ways).

I'll never discourage anybody from trying something (even if it failed in the past things are always changing...), but if the branch isn't local (i.e. you'll be making a road trip) I would definitely recommend calling ahead to see if that particular branch will be able to accommodate your request.

Just my 2¢.

Thankfully, my branch is 12 minutes from the house and has the most amazing little French/Indian/Mediterranean cafe (yes, that's a thing in SoCal) in the same shopping center, so it definittely won't be a waste. My only rush is in trying to get all of my credit pulls in before a big, fresh installment loan pops up. Tight window of opportunity between the time my utilization reports with the perfect mix of zero balances on all but one revolving account and the installment loan reports. That's my only reason for wanting to wrap it all up in a day or two to get my card/CLOC/car apps in play.

Message 9 of 17
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I would most definitely try if you live that close to a branch and it's not any trouble for you to go , it can't hurt
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.