cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP NEEDED! Navy Federal Credit Union - Application via Navy League

tag
sin2011

HELP NEEDED! Navy Federal Credit Union - Application via Navy League

Guys!  I wanted to join NFCU via the San Diego chapter of the Navy League...so I went on the SD Navy League site, went to Memberships, and enrolled in the e-membership for $25.  BUT I didn't see where you had to select the San Diego Chapter.  So, I paid the $25 and I just received my welcome email to the Navy League - and it does not indicate that I belong to the San diego chapter!!  Did I do something wrong?  Will I not be able to join NFCU due to this error?

Another question:  What FICO scores are required for a simple checking/savings with NFCU?  I'm not looking for any credit cards or loan products yet.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP NEEDED! Navy Federal Credit Union - Application via Navy League

@sin2011 wrote:

Guys!  I wanted to join NFCU via the San Diego chapter of the Navy League...so I went on the SD Navy League site, went to Memberships, and enrolled in the e-membership for $25.  BUT I didn't see where you had to select the San Diego Chapter.  So, I paid the $25 and I just received my welcome email to the Navy League - and it does not indicate that I belong to the San diego chapter!!  Did I do something wrong?  Will I not be able to join NFCU due to this error?

Another question:  What FICO scores are required for a simple checking/savings with NFCU?  I'm not looking for any credit cards or loan products yet.

There was a part where it says, you'll be placed in a council where your zip is listed unless you specify. That's where you enter San Diego. You might be able to call and ask them to place you in the San Diego council. if not, if NFCU audits your account, there is a chance they might close it. Only NLUS-SD is eligible for membership.
Message 2 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@sin2011 wrote:

sin2011,

On the email, it should show you which chapter you're in. If you didn't indicate San Diego, NLUS will put you in the nearest chapter to you by zipcode. You will have to call the memership office and let them update it for you. 

You will have to ask hem to mail/email you documentation showing you're in the San Diego chapter. You will also be able to see this online as well once you membership is fully established.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can call the NL and have them move you from what ever chapter they put you in, over to the SD chapter.  Thats not a problem.  Just call their membership line.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@sin2011 wrote:

sin2011,

On the email, it should show you which chapter you're in. If you didn't indicate San Diego, NLUS will put you in the nearest chapter to you by zipcode. You will have to call the memership office and let them update it for you. 

You will have to ask hem to mail/email you documentation showing you're in the San Diego chapter. You will also be able to see this online as well once you membership is fully established.

Did it actually list the chapter you were in on the welcome email? Mines didn't. It was just a generic welcome email with my membership number, exp date and etc...
Message 5 of 12
Prosper777
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@sin2011 wrote:

sin2011,

Did it actually list the chapter you were in on the welcome email? Mines didn't. It was just a generic welcome email with my membership number, exp date and etc...

Cr3dit0r: my friend had the same problem you're having and Navy Federal did ask for the invoice that states he is part of the San Diego Council specifically. He called Navy LEAGUE customer service in Virginia and asked them to be placed in the San Diego Council. They said that they needed to send information to the San Diego Council and that the San Diego Council would send him a letter within a week. After 3 weeks had passed without said letter he called them again and they were able to check in their system that he was at least part of the San Diego Council and that he should be getting the letter from San Diego soon (within 3 weeks from the request date) and they also said that they've been overwhelmed with the number of e-memberships, that they're backlogged and that their online community is down. Hope this helps all the folks out there in the same situation. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Message 6 of 12
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@sin2011 wrote:

sin2011,

The San Diego chapter was listed on my welcome email.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prosper777 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@sin2011 wrote:

sin2011,

Cr3dit0r: my friend had the same problem you're having and Navy Federal did ask for the invoice that states he is part of the San Diego Council specifically. He called Navy LEAGUE customer service in Virginia and asked them to be placed in the San Diego Council. They said that they needed to send information to the San Diego Council and that the San Diego Council would send him a letter within a week. After 3 weeks had passed without said letter he called them again and they were able to check in their system that he was at least part of the San Diego Council and that he should be getting the letter from San Diego soon (within 3 weeks from the request date) and they also said that they've been overwhelmed with the number of e-memberships, that they're backlogged and that their online community is down. Hope this helps all the folks out there in the same situation. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Definitely helps. I only reached out to the Navy League about accessing the online community. As you mentioned, it seems to be down. They just took my member number and told me they'll get back to me. I should of asked them which council I was placed in. Since it's backlogged, I'm probably not fully in the system yet and haven't been officially assigned to the SD Chapter. I wish NFCU was available while I was in the service. Be a whole lot easier. Thanks for the post.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@sin2011 wrote:

sin2011,

The San Diego chapter was listed on my welcome email.

I went back and read the welcome email word for word to make sure I didn't miss it. Yep, not there. Are you able to access the online community?
Message 9 of 12
Prosper777
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Prosper777 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@sin2011 wrote:

sin2011,

Definitely helps. I only reached out to the Navy League about accessing the online community. As you mentioned, it seems to be down. They just took my member number and told me they'll get back to me. I should of asked them which council I was placed in. Since it's backlogged, I'm probably not fully in the system yet and haven't been officially assigned to the SD Chapter. I wish NFCU was available while I was in the service. Be a whole lot easier. Thanks for the post.

You're very welcome! Be patient, you'll get there!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.